Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Sept Names
Old 28 Mar 2008, 01:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau Sept Names

I don't know if this has been done before but here goes...
My Tau army is composed of three different armies making up one whole army. Get it? Anyhoo, I have names for Two of my Three armies, but I can't seem to figure out a name for my third army. So, would YOU please post the sept name(s) you used for your army? Not only do I need a sept name but I'm also just plain curious about the names you (normal) people used.
-Luker

-Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

-never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience"

-"There are two types of people, those who like chocolate and communists."
Luker47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2008, 01:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Tau Sept Names

Well mines Tim'ski

Because my names Tim ;D

And I'd been watching Red Dwarf episode Backwards where the Cat and Lister add ski to the end of words

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2008, 02:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks... My first one is "Faile" or swift ones and the second is the "Gray men" or ones like death (which doesn't sound tau, but it sounds cool anyway). Both of these names were taken from Robert Jordan's wheel of time. To have three from the same books sounded lame to me..

[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
Well mines Tim'ski

Because my names Tim ;D

And I'd been watching Red Dwarf episode Backwards where the Cat and Lister add ski to the end of words

lol... I wonder.... Luke'snowboard

-never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience"

Old 28 Mar 2008, 19:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

i don't really see what your getting at here. the Tau codex states that there are 20 odd septs of which i think 19 are named (e.g. Vior'la, Sac'ea etc.) You can't really create a new sept, well its frowned upon greatly anyway. However you are free to invent your home planet, inside a particular sept as i did. e.g. Fio'Kak in the Fi'rios sept.

I named my cadre, "Hoofsloggers" since my cadre is mostly dismounted firewarriors, so you could go with something like that. But i recommend probably going back over your Tau Empire codex for inspiration.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2008, 21:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Or just use an existing Sept.

I was desperate to invent my own sept, as well, until I`ve realised that this is completely unnecessary - the "official" septs are all quite cool!

My army is from T`au, with the sole exception being my Commander: He`s from Vior`la (and an avid fanboy of Farsight... ).

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2008, 22:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

My cadre's homeworld is O'man'tar(that I made up completely)
Old 30 Mar 2008, 12:40   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Finally, someone that does something similiar to me. My cadre is made up of three cadres hailing from the Vior'la sept.

The Battle (group of cadres right?) commanders aggressive tactics cost three cadres their manta meaning they were stuck on half defeated planet when a retreat order was made :P.

The remnants of what is left have grouped together to form a single cadre. Ofcourse the cadres tactics conflict ie half is very aggressive short ranged and mobile where as the other half is more defensive: long ranged and static. The perfect hybrid army ;D.

BTW. Aggressive commander got demoted to 'el

Imran
Old 30 Mar 2008, 13:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran_tayab
Finally, someone that does something similiar to me. My cadre is made up of three cadres hailing from the Vior'la sept.

The Battle (group of cadres right?) commanders aggressive tactics cost three cadres their manta meaning they were stuck on half defeated planet when a retreat order was made :P.
The remnants of what is left have grouped together to form a single cadre. Ofcourse the cadres tactics conflict ie half is very aggressive short ranged and mobile where as the other half is more defensive: long ranged and static. The perfect hybrid army ;D.

BTW. Aggressive commander got demoted to 'el

Imran

Wow.... thats cool!

Anyway...is making you own sept name really so frowned upon? I don't see why a different name and paint scheme would matter so much. Maybe it's just me wanting to be weird....

Old 30 Mar 2008, 14:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to MDRedeemer Send a message via MSN to MDRedeemer

Heh, looks like more than just my friend and I have some inspiration from the Wheel of Time series. I think it'd be proper should the third grouping be the Asha'man, but you've said otherwise 8)

I went with the Enclaves, basing my army off of the Aiel from the wheel of time, or at least I eventually want to. My friend and his DE went Seanchan DeathWatch.
Old 30 Mar 2008, 15:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

perhaps i'm wrong, but i always remember people getting pissed at those who made their own septs, and i'm sure there were loads of arguements over the whole thing, with the decision being you couldn't make new ones, but with this many people willing to disagree, i'm probably wrong.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote