Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Taros Campaign
Old 16 Mar 2008, 14:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to stupidsimon
Default Taros Campaign

This is just a really quick question to ask whether the taros campaign book is worth buying?

Thanks in advance!
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to YakmastermaxIG
Default Re: Taros Campaign

depends if you own or plan to own/ use or plan to use forgeworld models or any tau models that do not have thier rules in the normal codex...
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

"due to my retardivity" - myself

"never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to thier level, and beat you with experience"
YakmastermaxIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It gives you rules for Forgeworld models for Tau, Elysians and some Space Marines. It also gives you new scenarios to play, tells you how to use flyers and super heavy vehicles and gives you some background information about Tau and the Elysians, so if you have the money to spare, then yes it is worth it.
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 22:00   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I love the background, then, In my opinion, it's worth.
Akdakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 22:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendak
It gives you rules for Forgeworld models for Tau, Elysians and some Space Marines. It also gives you new scenarios to play, tells you how to use flyers and super heavy vehicles and gives you some background information about Tau and the Elysians, so if you have the money to spare, then yes it is worth it.
There`s also loads of Imperial stuff in there, apart from Elysians.

Actually, it doesn“t matter whether you want to use Forgeworld models or not in games; imo, the background alone is worth the expense, as is the datasheets, the colour pages, and so on.

So, if you can spare the money, and don`t need anything else for your Tau, go and get it. It`s really a collectors piece, with the priece tag and so on, but definitely worth it.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2008, 12:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I just bought the book and after reading it I'd say its worth it. Lots of details and a nice story, but can I ask did anyone else find the Imperial forces to be a little foolish he uses the drop troops he requests specifically only once...and seems to just send people to die against the Tau in waves. Seems like a bad general to me.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 17:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sending people in waves is what the Imperium does. Also, I think he was also supposed to be innept. (I haven't read it, but thats what I've heard)

I have other IA books, and yes. The fluff is woth the cost of the book alone.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2008, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovash745
I just bought the book and after reading it I'd say its worth it. Lots of details and a nice story, but can I ask did anyone else find the Imperial forces to be a little foolish he uses the drop troops he requests specifically only once...and seems to just send people to die against the Tau in waves. Seems like a bad general to me.
Well, the only REAL mistake the Imperial Commander made, imo, was that he only used the Elysians in the assault on the Hydrop Plant - he should have sent the Marines with them - though Ir eally doubt this would have changed the outcome - the Imperials needed the processing plant intact, the Tau didn`t. So even if the Marines wouldn`ve managed to hold the plant; all the Tau would`ve needed to do was inflict massice collateral damage...

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote