Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

crisis suits
Closed Thread
Old 11 Mar 2008, 22:56   #1 (permalink)
newtauguy

Default crisis suits

hello out there! as my name suggests, I am a new tau player. my question is this, is there any difference between the XV8 crisis suit commander set and the plain old XV8 crisis suit set. I need to know, because I will have a chance to get one soon and I don't have many chances to visit a rogue trader, let alone an actuall GW outlet. and i'm cheap and want to save myself $10. thanks in advance!
PS: I made an account, but I still have not been sent an activation email. its been about 2 days. still waiting?

Old 11 Mar 2008, 22:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: crisis suits

The Commander set has:

A) No Drones.
B) The Special issue metal bits.

You only need one for your whole army really, because you can only take one of any Special Issue equipment.

Maybe you typed your email address wrong?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:30   #3 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

That happened to me. Never knew why. It worked after they removed some spyware? from the site.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:32   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
That happened to me. Never knew why. It worked after they removed some spyware? from the site.
Last time I checked - TO never had any spyware.

And as for the commander question: I'd get the plain old crisis suit and convert the living daylights out of it. A bit of frame to bulk it out, a slither of plasticard, a few ornaments from you bits box, even a droid hat!!!

Just get original. And post him up on the hobby board when your done.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:55   #5 (permalink)
newtauguy

ok, thanks guys! I was going to convert the living daylights out of it anyways (google 'Lost Planet Vital Suits' for my inspiration). I am assuming that all the weapons are the same for both sets, and that the 'metal bitz' are easily converted. and I resent the activation email, so maybe it will work now....

Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I dunno, I wouldn't want to convert the Airburster or the Ion Blaster...

Then again, I'd only want to field one of those anyway...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 00:13   #7 (permalink)
newtauguy

nah, just converting the frame. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751133p1.html its the first and second one down... lotsa work ahead!

Old 12 Mar 2008, 00:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Shouldn't be too bad actually... just dome over where the head would be.

You may call me Circus.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 08:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to YakmastermaxIG

for my tau suit army my commander wields a converted cyclic ion blaster mad from 4 flammer barrels glued around an axis monted on the burst cannon housing, were the burst cannon barrel normaly go.

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

"due to my retardivity" - myself

"never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to thier level, and beat you with experience"
Old 12 Mar 2008, 14:14   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Could you give me your username that your having trouble logging in with please?
Closed Thread