Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Krootox Kock Up
Old 06 Mar 2008, 08:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Krootox Kock Up

In battle the Kroot lash large, unwieldy Kroot guns to the powerful shoulders of the Krootox. Using the beast as a mobile weapon platform. You can take between 1 and 3 Krootox for a single Heavy Support choice. They will have to be attached to a Kroot Carnivore squad. A blister contains a single random Krootox.

I pasted the above quote from the GW on-line store. I am confused it says that the Krootox although included in a Kroot squad actually counts as a heavy support choice.

To add further confusion the sample army list in the back of the Tau codex (page 62-63) has 3 Heavy support slots filled by a SkyRay Missile Gunship, a Sniper Drone Team and a Broadside team. However the Kroot squad in the same 1500pt army can be seen with a Krootox which according to the above quote fills a Heavy Support slot. So as you guessed it the sample army in the Codex has 4 Heavy Support Slots which as we know is not right.

I also checked the Codex in the Kroot troop choice section and no where I can see does it say that the Krootox counts as a Heavy Support if added to a Kroot squad.

So is the On-line store correct or the Codex.

I am guessing to Codex but am I wrong ?
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2008, 08:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Krootox Kock Up

In the old Tau codex, taking a Krootox counted as a heavy support choice, but in the new codex they don't. They are simply an additional unit you can purchase for your Kroot Carnivore squads and still count as a troop choice. (I'm guessing you have the new codex?)

That was a long way to say that the codex is right...a Kroot carnivore squad, even with a Krootox (or two or three!) is a troop choice! Makes kroot hounds/krootox a lot better in my opinion!
Old 06 Mar 2008, 09:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Krootox Kock Up

Games Workshop does a lot of copy/pastes and doesn't update somethings from older versions.
It was their mistake, and always follow the codex over the online store.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote