Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pathfinder team question
Reply
Old 04 Mar 2008, 12:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Default Pathfinder team question

Hello!

I just started playing 40k and I need some help.After barely reading codex Tau to its full extent I find myself having a lot of questions,but today I'll just ask one witch puzzles me most.

Its regarding Tau pathfinder team.Under equipment part it states that each pathfinder can have carbine and markerlight.Does that mean that if I have 8 pathfinders I immediately have 8 regular markerlights?
The question is dumb and I probably already answered myself in my question but what I really need is conformation that its so,because its little strange to me that the team leaders need to pay 10 pts and marker drones 30 pts for their markerlights,and in this case I could have 8 markers for 96 pts and I can use all of them every turn.

If I was wrong please correct me and if you can tell me how do I use pathfinder markerlights,do I use only one per turn or can I use all of them in every turn.On the other hand if it's nothing listed above then if you could offer something else I would be very grateful.

Again Thx.

Krootox rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 12:54   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 77
Send a message via MSN to the blind knight
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Yes you get ONE marketlight for ONE pathfinder MODEL.So you can have 8 marketlights in a unit but not for 96 you also HAVE to buy a devilfish but thats an advantage if you ask me.
__________________
Support our cause,it only takes 10 second to become famous:

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.ph...4581458&ref=mf

For more information go here:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161514
the blind knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 13:00   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Torontonia, Canadia
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

blind knight has got it right. And just to add to what he's said, you can't shoot those markerlights on the same turn you disembark from the required Devilfish, and you cannot pick 8 different targets to shoot your markerlights with.

So you'll have one target with up to 8 markerlight counters on it per turn ... hopefully
Lord Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 15:52   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Great that is what I thought Thank you.Just one more thing about Pathfinders,they are said to be scouts witch means that they have that free move before game begins,now does that mean that pathfinder infantry models have free move or devilfish also?
I am asking because I am interested if I can deploy the team inside devilfish before the game begun and then make that first free move 24 inches because he is skimmer.
Again have in mind,have never played before so I am grasping for straws here-not really sure if I can deploy models inside vehicles.

My second question would be if I can equip pathfinder devilfish from all those options from vehicle armoury like the regular Devilfish,because in options it states that the team must only select Devilfish,there is nothing about the upgrades.
Krootox rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 15:54   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Behind you
Posts: 19,399
Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

On the scout move, by the rules, the fish can as well. However some enourmously retarted dimwit at GW central accidentally (I refuse to believe it was on purpose - no one can be that stupid) FAQ'd it so the devilfish may not scout.
__________________
[quote]Thou shalt not crave thy neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 15:56   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 77
Send a message via MSN to the blind knight
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Grasping for straws is normal dont worry,as long as it doesnt turn into cheating your ok.

Only the pathfinders make the scout move and your devilfish can be equiped normally.Plus if i remember correctly he has an item bonus doesnt he.Something like a positional relay(dont have the codex with me)
__________________
Support our cause,it only takes 10 second to become famous:

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.ph...4581458&ref=mf

For more information go here:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161514
the blind knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 15:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 3,941
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Yeh, Battlesuits with a LOS can re-roll their scatter dice to deep strike ;D
__________________
(C:/Dos)
(C:/Dos/Run)
(Run, Dos, Run!)
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 16:05   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Torontonia, Canadia
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krootox rider
... move 24 inches because he is skimmer...
No no no no. Because it's a skimmer does not mean it can move 24" unless it qualifies as Fast. A Devilfish is not fast and may only ever move up to 12". A Piranha on the other hand may turbo-boost up to 24" but may not fire, or move up to 12" and fire.

Just wanted to clear that up just in case you thought otherwise
Lord Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 16:07   #9 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 751
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Lord Roke is right, the multitracker can make it fire like a fast vehicle (eg 12 inches)
__________________
Exitus Acta Probat "the Outcome justifies the Deed"
- Vindicare Assassin Temple Motto

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 17:04   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Default Re: Pathfinder team question

Oh yes,you are correct,I forget that thing always,they don't move as fast,they can only fire as fast.Thanks for the info guys.
Krootox rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unique Pathfinder team Abanim House Rules 19 14 Jun 2008 10:14
pathfinder question xv-22 Tau 1 07 Jun 2008 05:44
Mixed Pathfinder team? XV18 Tau 14 11 Dec 2006 04:53
Shas'Ui Ka'Taka with his Pathfinder team Scizor Showcase 24 22 Mar 2006 20:08
My Pathfinder Kill-Team Aquila_XV8 Tau Army Lists 6 28 Sep 2005 00:57