Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can enemy vehicles pass under skimmers?
Old 03 Mar 2008, 13:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Can enemy vehicles pass under skimmers?

This question came up in a game I was playing on Friday. I basically had rolled my hammerhead to a chokepoint and began picking off transports. An ork battlewagon drove through cover and went under my tank and we were not sure if that was possible. I know enemy troops have to assault the tank if withint 1", and I also know that i can pass over units, etc. I agreed that he could in theory, but could not find any rule to state one way or the other in the rulebook. Am I overlooking something?
Nizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 13:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Can enemy vehicles pass under skimmers?

Under 4th Ed. rules, enemy units CANNOT pass under skimmers. Vehicles with a great AV can push the skimmers though.

Also, it's not that "enemy units have to assault tanks within 1 inch", but rather "enemy units cannot move within 1'' of a vehicle unless they are assaulting that vehicle".

Hope that clarifies things.

- Abdul Alhazred, The Mad Arab of Cthulhu Lore, on the subject of Chaos Tau [link]

"Zomg, teh Tau are teh evil bastardz, they suk at life."
copy and paste this into your sig if you hate Tau.

Proud member of Team CMAP - DON'T HOLD BACK- The time has come to- GALVANIZE!
Floobosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 13:23   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Anything going under skimmer is not possible.

Skimmers are vehicles for all intent and purposes, and even though you may shoot the unit behind the skimmer due to it hovering, but for all intent and purposes you can not move under the skimmer. If the troops can't do it, a vehicle is most definitely out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 14:25   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I can't seem to find the rules on pushing armour out of the way anywhere in the rulebook, but at the same time I'm not 100% familiar with the rulebook cover to cover yet as I just started playing. Where does it talk about pushing armour with armour?
Nizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 14:31   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

If your talking about fluff here, vehicles can't really go under skimmers as a skimmer typically travels along at about 1-2 meters above the ground. High enough to permit troops to bend down and walk under, but not high enough to permit most vehicles under with that clearance. Although it is conceivable that a bike could slide under if they're careful.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 14:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizno
I can't seem to find the rules on pushing armour out of the way anywhere in the rulebook, but at the same time I'm not 100% familiar with the rulebook cover to cover yet as I just started playing. Where does it talk about pushing armour with armour?
it's tankshocking... I think o.o since vehicles have no Ld, they have to move out of the way.
Old 03 Mar 2008, 15:08   #7 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

According to some rumors, in 5th ed, You can ram a tank with the strength of a krak missile.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 15:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Anything going under skimmer is not possible.

Skimmers are vehicles for all intent and purposes, and even though you may shoot the unit behind the skimmer due to it hovering, but for all intent and purposes you can not move under the skimmer. If the troops can't do it, a vehicle is most definitely out of the question.

Are you saying that enemy's can shoot you when you are stood behind your hovering transport. As far as I was aware that is not the case unless you take a LD test.
But feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 15:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

More likely it has something to do with the mass of the rammer and the speed at which they rammed.

As far as vehicles, it's under Tank Shock, on page 70.

Skimmers can move over enemy troops. Dunno if this includes vehicles. I don't see why. If you can fly over my xv8s, why can't you fly over a trukk?
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 15:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to halohog

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerjigormDeExile
More likely it has something to do with the mass of the rammer and the speed at which they rammed.
Exactly what I was thinking. And shoudn't there be a risk of the charging vehicle damaging itself?

Quote:
Skimmers can move over enemy troops. Dunno if this includes vehicles. I don't see why. If you can fly over my xv8s, why can't you fly over a trukk?
Yes, this most definately include vehicles. Skimmers can fly over whatever they want and not give a damn. Heck, they could even hover over an enemy tank for a few turns if they wanted to!