Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What do *you* do with spare pulse carbines?
Old 05 Mar 2008, 21:16   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to fat_tree
Default Re: What do *you* do with spare pulse carbines?

Thats an awesome idea, mind if i flogg it?
fat_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 21:49   #22 (permalink)
Shas'La

Go right ahead. Maybe yours will turn out better than mine.
The Gear Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2008, 00:45   #23 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My other idea was in a Guevesala army to use Pulse Carbines to represent Grenade Launchers...call them Super Pulse Carbines or something like that, which were tinkered to be more powerful. The Krak Grenade represents a pulse burst, while the Frag represents a Photon Grenade. (I think honestly that the Pulse Carbine should be a grenade launcher/like weapon honestly though...make it S2 AP - though)
Old 08 Mar 2008, 22:25   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nah the photon grenade launcher is probably what makes the weapon pinning, after all photons are like flashbang grenades so I think I'd be all confused and 'pinned' if one landed near me!
Old 08 Mar 2008, 22:34   #25 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to fat_tree

Im confused anyway
fat_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 14:27   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I used one of the spare carbines to create a pulse pistol for my ejected battlesuit pilot.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 14:52   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamanda868
nah the photon grenade launcher is probably what makes the weapon pinning, after all photons are like flashbang grenades so I think I'd be all confused and 'pinned' if one landed near me!
That would not be a function of leadership then. "OK troops, ignore the bright flashy lights and fire back"

"No can do boss...I'm scared"

Seriously, they're not Terrorfex grenades!
Old 18 Mar 2008, 00:23   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You misunderstand the flash-bang effect: The troops stoically blink their eyes and shake off the ringing in their ears, but when they look around, 4 of their buddies lie there dead... THERE is when they take cover! Even the most professional solders like to see what killed their buddies, as at least that way it makes sense... That buddy of yours was 'fairly' aimed at and shot, and in a weird way, that makes it OK. But to have bright lights flash and then seeing dead buddies.. that gets through enough to alarm the soldiers with the oddity-unfairnes of it all, and they are more or less compelled to take to ground, until they can figure that oddity and unfairness out. Actually, this is the very same effect that an unseen sniper would have, and indeed, sniper weapons have pinning as well, to represent this.
[hr]

Now, as to what to use those spare bits for: I use the little grenade boxes of the Carbines for lots of things: glue-on markerlights for Shas'Ui team leaders, shoulder[backpack] mounted Predator style targetting camera to represent Target Locks on those same Team Leaders.

Lets see, then the 'Sight clusters' on top of the gun- you know the gunsights, can be used for many other techno things as well. Although I haven't doe it yet, I would use those gunsights, on little mount arms[clip the gun just right] to hold them a bit off of the surface of a Hammerhead, and those little gizmos scattered evenly over the tank could easily represent disruptor pod emitters, or the sensor pods attachments for decoy launchers

.. and so on and so on. The point is: consider the carbines, and really all other spare bits you have left over in your bits box, as sprues holding individual smaller bits for salvage and re-use. All those little gizmos on the carbines only looks like a carbine because they are all held together in a certain arrangement. If you take the individual smaller bits in their own right, you can see how a simple clip and glue somewhere else can make them look nothing like a carbine anymore, yet be fully viable as whatever you intend to use it as.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 00:59   #29 (permalink)
Shas'O

Most of the time, I butcher my Pulse Carbines for the Photon Grenade Launchers. The launchers I use on Pulse Rifles to make underslung markerlights, or on vehicles for various targeting devices, or the like.

I don't give anybody pulse carbines, simply because I run a mechanized force, so the double shots in FOF are much more important to me. In hybrid or static Tau they have much more value.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 01:17   #30 (permalink)
Ethereal

I have a little bin full of them in my bitz box. It also has all of the carbines from Drones I turned into hats for my Broadsides or into spare Marker and Shield Drones.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote