Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your play style in few words
View Poll Results: Which of the following stupid catch-phrases best describes your army style?
Mobile Metal (lots of vehicles) 26 28.89%
Kroots n Suits (kroot & crisis suits) 13 14.44%
haha, you can't see me (stealth & sniper teams) 7 7.78%
sneaky bastards (heavy on infiltrators) 2 2.22%
Heavy Metal (maximum heavy support) 19 21.11%
As a matter of fact, I DO have a light! (markerlights) 16 17.78%
tau horde (fill the field with fire warriors) 7 7.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Feb 2008, 21:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Your play style in few words

I played a list yesterday that somebody, who might even have been me, referred to as "Kroots and Suits". In an attack of boredom I tried to come up with other stupid catchphrases for tau army styles, which naturally led to this poll. Choose up to three that describe the kind of army you like to run. If you come up with another good bad catchphrase, let me know and I'll add it.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 21:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Your play style in few words

Options don't seem to work right, also my army type is missing XD

Farsight, Mix and Match I got suits, stealth, snipers, pathfinders broadsides a hammerhead, all in all most of my 0-1 Stuff is present in my army
Also Large Volumes of Firewarriors.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 21:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

I was Heavy Metal & Kroots 'n' Suits.

That is:
- I'm almost always a large well spread force.
- Typically two (rail) hammerheads and a Skyray is my preferred force (even if the 3 Railhead is 'superior' in my ability to use it, I prefer havin' a skyray along)
- Usually two nice sized Crisis teams, an HQ with Bodyguard and a freestyle HQ.
- A few Firewarriors (no more than 36 in large games), often at least one small squad with carbines & grenades.
- Usually two squads of Kroot my true 'staple', often with a few Krootox thrown in. My true utility squads who're used in loosely the same way I use tactical marines! (but in cover, of course!)

That is: I enjoy a varied force, good heavy support, but plenty of mobile and ubiquotus stuff too. I like to have options, first and foremost!
Old 28 Feb 2008, 21:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

How come you can't field suits without Kroot according to this poll...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 22:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Censational Che Circus Cegorach
How come you can't field suits without Kroot according to this poll...
Because I didn't think of a stupid catchphrase for it? I guess since kroot are so much cheaper than suits, you can call it kroots n suits. Most of the points will be in suits anyway.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 22:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I have lots of suits, but no Kroot...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 22:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I chose, Mobile Metal, Suits'n'Kroot and Tau Horde.

I play a Hybrid list that combines static units with highly mobile ones. I usually take two squads of kroot and three full squads of fire warriors (two in fish), and I always have two hammer heads. One Ion and one Rail. I also usually have two units of crisis on the table.

Those three seemed like the best ones suited for me, a little bit of everything.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 23:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

What about Suits and Firewarriors? Stealths, Crisis and Firewarriors is the way to go. I haven't gotten to field pathfinders yet, but I've found that firewarriors can provide a few markerlights for relatively low cost. I do have a Warfish that I've used quite a bit. But what does that make me?
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 23:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Aww. My 3000 point list use everythig there!
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2008, 00:36   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

In my 2000 point army I tend to have a lot of vehicles, markerlights and suits with a health sprinkling of Kroot.
At that point level my pathfinders help out by enabling my take all comers list have flexibility to hammer at what ever comes in my way.
I also have a large focus on vehicles (3-2 hammer heads, 2-3 devilfish) and crisis suits (easily 5-7 suits) to let me be mobile and still focus my firepower. I also use my Kroot as a static firebase, something I can maneuver around and also a cheap objective claimer. No one at my store really belives me when I say point for point Kroot are better at taking down space marines by shooting but they been a useful unit for me 9 games out of 10.
zannal is offline   Reply With Quote