Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Anghkor Prok? Aun'Shi?
Old 24 Feb 2008, 23:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Anghkor Prok? Aun'Shi?

Well, I was playing around in The Forge; making some army lists and whatnot when I noticed a couple of entries under Special Characters that weren't in my codex.

The first of course is Anghkor Prok, which I was able to find on GW's UK site.

But what about Aun'Shi? I've heard mention of him, and that he is someone from the 3rd edition codex. I'd like to get some info on him - maybe rules, definitely some fluff, etc.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 23:34   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Anghkor Prok? Aun'Shi?

He was a Tau Ethereal, wasn't great to be honest, he didn't even have a save IIRC. Had an honour blade so he could defend himself in combat to some degree, but not well. He essentially counted as a morale booster I think.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 23:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
He was a Tau Ethereal, wasn't great to be honest, he didn't even have a save IIRC. Had an honour blade so he could defend himself in combat to some degree, but not well. He essentially counted as a morale booster I think.
He had a 4+ invulnerable. Could practically rend, and was pretty cheap for the points.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

As pointed out by ednerwiggin, he was probably the best ethereal their ever was, I miss him :'(.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 02:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Honour blade, hard-wired shield generator (4+ invulnerable save), photon grenades and EMP grenades.

He can select any fire warrior team and nominate it as his retinue, and he becomes part of the unit. He can use none, some, or all of his attacks to "parry", reducing the number of enemy attacks against him by that number, but they always get a minimum of one attack. And his blade will wound any opponent on a roll of 6 with no save possible.

Any Tau units on the table (if I read this right) can re-roll morale tests so long as Aun'shi is on the table. And any unit joined by Aun'shi will have +1 I and +1 attack in CC while he's with them. Tau are so filled with confidence when he's around that they will hurl themselves into combat with him.

Like Orange pointed out, he's actually the best ethereal ever. And he has the coolest model to boot. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 05:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The two special characters which are the only things I'd want to see in a new codex. They were great.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 16:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to KevFox2169 Send a message via AIM to KevFox2169 Send a message via MSN to KevFox2169 Send a message via Yahoo to KevFox2169

Can anyone link to the GW Anghkor Prok rules? I've currently been customizing a Kroot and was thinking of making him into "one of the greats"

Just a little fun: Aun'shi's 3rd edition rules, coupled with what Ethereals can bring and buy via a retinue now, and my oh my do you have a sweet unit. Aun'Shi's Hounor Gaurd knows how to roll.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 17:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Honour blade, hard-wired shield generator (4+ invulnerable save), photon grenades and EMP grenades.

He can select any fire warrior team and nominate it as his retinue, and he becomes part of the unit. He can use none, some, or all of his attacks to "parry", reducing the number of enemy attacks against him by that number, but they always get a minimum of one attack. And his blade will wound any opponent on a roll of 6 with no armor save possible.

Any Tau units on the table (if I read this right) can re-roll morale tests so long as Aun'shi is on the table. And any unit joined by Aun'shi will have +1 I and +1 attack in CC while he's with them. Tau are so filled with confidence when he's around that they will hurl themselves into combat with him.

Like Orange pointed out, he's actually the best ethereal ever. And he has the coolest model to boot. :P
Fixed. I wish Ethereals had the warscythe ability though.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 07:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFox2169
Can anyone link to the GW Anghkor Prok rules? I've currently been customizing a Kroot and was thinking of making him into "one of the greats"

Just a little fun: Aun'shi's 3rd edition rules, coupled with what Ethereals can bring and buy via a retinue now, and my oh my do you have a sweet unit. Aun'Shi's Hounor Gaurd knows how to roll.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/anghkor-prok/1/

He's a pretty nasty unit to have, especially if you put him close to your Kroot units. I mean, you get to re-roll failed to-hit rolls within 6" of him.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 12:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think they put in Aun'shi's fluff that he went to talk counsel Farsight.

Personally, I think they did not want to give the tau any option for HTH.

They take away Aun'shi, and give us the old guy in a hover chair that has no business on the battlefield.
"Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders.
Rogal Dorn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote