Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

against all odds
Old 24 Feb 2008, 10:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default against all odds

just wanted to say that i had a battle last night against the tyranids, one of my fire warrior sqauds (6 man) defeated a lictor in close combat after being assaulted!!!
added to that a 3 man shas'vre XV8 team defeated a 16 strong hormagaunt assault too!

i thought it would be cool to post some incredible against the odds stories.
theherooftimesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: against all odds

weird, in my last game vs tyranids i did almost the same thing, my 12 man firewarrior squad
got assaulted by a lictor and i killed it having lost only 3 firewarriors.

cane
avatar of cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 16:12   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Heh, my 3 Fw once won against a Hive Tyrant in Close combat.

He missed all his attack, and I rolled all 6's to hit and wound, then he rolls all 1's for his save and dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 16:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

In one of the few games I've ever played, a squad of unbonded 9 firewarriors weathered a bunch of "loota" shots (like, 30 a turn) for 3 turns. It was pretty cool. I totally lost, but it was still cool.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 17:56   #5 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

A single fire warrior killed a C'tan over 5 rounds. Look at this message to show how I kill C'tans easy.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...#msg1058533126

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 20:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A squad of 9 firewarriros is charged by an Aspriing Sorceror of Tzeentch. The Sorceror leaps over the wall the warriors were using as cover, and comes down swinging his force weapon, ready to bring DOOM! And is promptly laid out by the Shas'Ui team leader, who butt-smacks him in the face with a pulse rifle. Awesome.
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasUiStavo

If only my FW's were as good as everyone else's. I had a 12 man squad and they got slaughtered by Harlequins. I managed to get revenge by firing a Sub-Munition railgun shot and 2 solid shots at them. They failed their armour saves, all apart from the Shadowseer who I shot with 3 Plasma Rifles and then he died.

Extract from the Necronicon.
ShasUiStavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 20:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

after having is honour guard killed, my ethereal gets charged by 10 chaos bikers. He survives, killing 7 in total, the rest run away. He then goes and beats a chaos sorceror in combat. Just out of spite, he gets snipined by a lascannon, but hey

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 00:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

My Broadside defeated a Chaos Knorne Lord in CC. After stabbing himself twice (or something) with the Knorne weapon, the Broadside proceeded to squoosh him.

In addition, my Gun Drones do ridiculous things, such as sweeping-advancing a squad of Sisters of Battle.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 01:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

My 3 stealth suits are fleeing from an Ork mob. The Warboss breaks off from the mob and charges them! The suits turn around and kill him before he gets a chance to attack! Awsome!