Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle this Sunday
Closed Thread
Old 12 Apr 2005, 00:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to battlecraze
Default Battle this Sunday

I known you guys all are very good at warhammer so i wanted to know if my plan to win this Friday will work

I am having a very big battle this weekend me and my IG buddy are going against space marines and chaos space marines ( i know it isn't that realistic but my CSM buddy wanted t go with the SM). This doesn't sound all that special but the SM is using a Chaplin and from what he says he is really good.

I am going to use 12 fire warriors, with Aun'Shi, Battle suit (palse rifle, burst cannon, mulit-tracker) 5 drones (3 battle, 2 shield) and 2 pathfinders(railrifles)(i know not legal but we are still new to this game so we are letting some things go)

My IG buddy is going to use about 15 troopers and a Leman Russ

And we are going to use 10 Neron warriors and a lord with war scythe (i know things my not look realistic but, well, you know)

I don't know what my opponents are going to use except the Chaplin

Now to the plan

I was going to shoot everything at the Chaplin on the first couple of shoot phases and kill him before he gets into close combat. the Leman Russ was going to stay back about 50" and shoot ordinance blasts at the SM. well that is really all i was going to do, and hope for the best.

Well could you tell me if my plan is good and make some adjustments if need be

Thanx in advance.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 00:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Battle this Sunday

Battlecraze:

I would highly recommend that you and your friends tone the game up a bit. If you're allowing things to go without following rules, you'll quickly find someone killing everyone else because of their Leman Russ dominating the field. Some units are classed as they are to prevent this kind of play. I would recommend you guys try out Combat Patrol or something and wait until you have full, legal armies before taking the "single guardsman squad and a russ" approach. You'll find that more fun (unless it's you who has that leman russ for example). Everyone else is going to just moan with a Russ on the board.

As for the chaplain--good luck just shooting him down so easily. It would be in your best interests to avoid combat all together so you probably will have no choice should he chase you down. Gun him down, but don't actively pursue him--he moves faster than you most likely.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 01:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah im not the tactical one, but you could argue that the necrons have been taken control of by technology/ psycher. (worked in the terminator, i mean come on, if Arnold can do it than the Imperium and Tau should be able to pull it off right?)

The SM and CSM dilemna is also simply solved with a quick new group of traitorous troops.
Think that battle in "Brave-Heart" Imperial Guard, Tau and Space Marines in a scrape against Chaos. Space marines have already been converted charge across the Field and greet their friends (so the why dont they just Revolt and kill right away, what and you mean missing a chance to toy with weakling Tau and Humans, please we are talking about Gods whos intire point of existence is to screw with people).

See, the power of the imagination and Ambiguity of Games-workshop forms together too make anything possible!
Old 12 Apr 2005, 01:29   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to battlecraze

So do you agree with me that i should direct all of my shots at the Chaplin until he dies?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 04:10   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

If you can. He will probably be an independant character and you won't be able to touch him until he gets close.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 04:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlecraze
I am going to use 12 fire warriors, with Aun'Shi, Battle suit (palse rifle, burst cannon, mulit-tracker) 5 drones (3 battle, 2 shield) and 2 pathfinders(railrifles)(i know not legal but we are still new to this game so we are letting some things go
I'm not so big on the battleplans myself (no plan survives contact with the enemy)

but fix that list :P, Aun shi is ass and as mal said, there are rules for a reason, someone is gonna get owned ^-^
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 12 Apr 2005, 06:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My suggestion is to play using all the rules b/c you'll never actually learn them by picking and choosing as you go.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 07:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I dont think its a problem of remembering the rules, I think tis the fact that the game is horribly unbalanced when you omit rules helter skelter ^-^
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread