Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How to Arm my crises suits
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default How to Arm my crises suits

I am a brand new Tau Player. I just could not keep buying for my imperial guard so I finally just stopped the insanity and joined the greater good.

My question is now I am building up my forces how should I arm my crises suits My commanders I armed as follow.

HQ 1 has the cyclic ion blaster and a burst cannon and a missle launcher.
HQ2 my second has a flame thrower a fusion gun and a plasma gun.

I have 9 other crises suits I have no idea how i should arm. I thought about making 3 of them just have burst cannons and missle launchers but i can't decide. so I thoght I would put it on out there for the rest of the world to help me decide.

thanks for the input.

DAN ;D
Vagorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: How to Arm my crises suits

Generally, crisis suits are armed with a maximum of 2 weapons and a multi-tracker, in order to get the most use out of their firepower. When considering what weapons to place on a suit, take into account what kinds of opponents you'll be fighting, and consider what configuration works best. These are the most popular configurations of Crisis suits- the ones most likely to be found in army lists.

Fireknife suits are those with a missile pod, plasma rifle, and multi-tracker. They offer a decent rate of fire, a chance to knock out light vehicles, and the plasma rifle is a great weapon for killing MEQ's (marine equivalent units).

Deathrain
suits are armed with Twin-linked Missile pods, and usually a flamer or burst cannon (or targeting array, if you really don't like missing). They fire less shots per turn than the Fireknife, but have a better chance to hit, and are great for taking out light vehicles and infantry.

Sunforge suits are armed with Twin-lined fusion blasters, and generally deep-strike behind opponents to destroy tanks. They are one of the most specialized configurations, and tend to have a low survival rate.

Helios suits are armed with a Plasma rifle, Fusion blaster, and are great when taking out TEQ's (terminator equivelents). They have a shorter range and fewer shots per turn than a fireknife, but they also deny armor save to pretty much every unit in the game, and can take out most tanks.

Ninj'O is a specialized Shas'O suit, generally designed to tie up a single enemy unit in combat for a turn. It needs Vectored retro-thrusters to function, and is generally equipped with stim injectors and/or a shield generator, in order to help it survive in a close-combat situation. Weapons systems may vary, but the flamer is always a good choice.

There is also the popular option of putting magnets on your suits and weapons, in order to make them swappable and give you a variety of choices. The tutorial for that can be found here: Magnets on Crisis Suits

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagorin
HQ 1 has the cyclic ion blaster and a burst cannon and a missile launcher.
HQ2 my second has a flame thrower a fusion gun and a plasma gun.I would
i would try to remove one weapon from each of the commanders. 3 is not that usefull since at max you can only fire 2 with the help of an MT.
i suggest remove from HQ 1 the missile launcher and from HQ 2 the flamer.
as for the rest of the suits it depends on your style.
i would do 3 as twin linked flamer with 1-2 shield drones and a black sun to fill up the third slot if you don't take a drone controller.
give both commanders bodyguards for HQ 1 take them with a busts cannon and missile launcher or fusion blaster and for HQ 2 a fusion and plasma gun
so they can effectively support the HQ. but be carefull with this config since you need to get close.
the people around here like suits with TL missile pods (never tried myself).
and certainly don't forget the MT's
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:57   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagorin
HQ 1 has the cyclic ion blaster and a burst cannon and a missile launcher.
HQ2 my second has a flame thrower a fusion gun and a plasma gun.I would
i would try to remove one weapon from each of the commanders. 3 is not that usefull since at max you can only fire 2 with the help of an MT.
i suggest remove from HQ 1 the missile launcher and from HQ 2 the flamer.
as for the rest of the suits it depends on your style.
i would do 3 as twin linked flamer with 1-2 shield drones and a black sun to fill up the third slot if you don't take a drone controller.
give both commanders bodyguards for HQ 1 take them with a busts cannon and missile launcher or fusion blaster and for HQ 2 a fusion and plasma gun
so they can effectively support the HQ. but be carefull with this config since you need to get close.
the people around here like suits with TL missile pods (never tried myself).
and certainly don't forget the MT's
I added the missle pod mainly to fire on the enemy at range or take out lighter vehicles. lots of eldar around these parts. because theya re leaders you really get to pour on as much crap as you want to on your HQ's. The flamer is removable but its so in expensive I figured what teh hell looks great on teh model.
and it can have either the anti inf roll or blow a hole in your tank roll. I like em both. Twin linking missle launchers I can see why you would do that. I mean two strength 7 shots with a BS of three you miss a whole lot less. I will ahve to give that a bit more thought.

I like teh burst cannons just wish they had a bit more range on them.

Vagorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 18:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

if you are going agains eldar i think TL MP's and TL flamers will be your friend and about your leaders. dont give a MP to a short range fighter who is most likey to be in range in turn 1 or 2 and targeting light infantry (so most likey firing his CIB an BC). the hardpoints are better used for things like a shield generator (IC in CC no inv save from the drones).
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I agree with Kiznti. You need to build your army from troops up, leaving enough space in points and FoC slots for Crisis. Crisis units are essentially "fire brigade", providing specialized fire support to your fire warriors, moving to where they are needed.

What does this mean? specialization is KEY. A suit with a weapon for every circumstance is wasting some on any given turn. Instead, you want suits specialized for several roles. Let's take three key roles that Crisis satisfy, supporting the fire warriors: anti-tank and anti-infantry.

Anti-tank and anti- heavy infantry can be satisfied by using Helios and Fireknives. Consider a unit of 2-3 crisis in an anti-tank/infantry configuration: 2 Helios and 1 fireknife. The plasma rifles are specialized for anti-marine/term fire, the two fussion blasters are anti terminators and take out tanks. The missile pod is in there to give the team some firepower as it closes in.

Anti-infantry Tau: Heatwave(twin-linked flamer and some kinda stuff), Blinding Spear(burst cannon and plasma rifle), Heatstorm(Burst cannon and flamer). This unit is set up for taking on light infantry like Guards and Orks. Even against Marines, the unit can kick out enough firepower close up to cause some wounds.

Fire-support: two death rains and fire knife(hopefully Fireknife-7 piloted by a Shas/ui TL) provides plenty of population control for infantry, and can take out most vehicles(up to AV 12 fairly reliable, and possibly AV 13). These guys hang back and provide alot of firepower for your army.

Here would be my general opinions:
Squad 1, Fire-support: two Deathrains /w Target Array, 1 Fireknife-7 team leader /w bonding knife 178pts
Squad 2, Heavy close support: 2 Helios, 1 Fire-Knife team leader /w 2 shield drones and bonding knife 226pts
Squad 3, Anti-infantry: 2 Blinding Spears, 1 Firestorm(Missile pod, burst cannon) team leader /w bonding knife 176pts.

Squad 1 hangs back and kills light vehicles or pours it's fire into advancing infantry if there's no vehicles to smash. Squad 2 advances under cover towards enemy forces that squad 1 can't kill. Squad 3 supports squad 2, and goes after lighter troops.

I put missile pods on my team leaders in the dedicated teams so that they can still have an effective damage output at medium range(3 plasma shots, 2 missiles. If one wanted to, squad two could have a deathrain /w flamer instead, but that reduces plasma shots, which I'm not fond of. The Fireknife in Squad 1 supports the death rains by acting as another one, with the added bonus of a plasma rifle for medium range and close-in action.

As you can see I've posted 580pts of crisis, that specialize in three roles, but can overlap on all of them enough to cover everything you need. Leaves you with plenty of space for troops, heavy support and the like.

That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 18:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to shishimay
Default Re: How to Arm my crisis suits

Okay so first off... please use the spell check.

"teh" is not the equivalent of "the" and simple typos can be fixed in no time at all. I mean "crisis" was spelled wrong. I mean come on, it takes just a few seconds and improves your posts a LOT.

I also recommend using magnets as then you'll never have to worry again since you can customize it to face whatever army your facing.

NOBODY expects the tau rail rifle drones!
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
and an almost fanatical devotion to the greater good....
Our four... no...
Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
are such elements as fear, surprise...
I'll choose another unit...
shishimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 19:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishimay
Okay so first off... please use the spell check.

"teh" is not the equivalent of "the" and simple typos can be fixed in no time at all. I mean "crisis" was spelled wrong. I mean come on, it takes just a few seconds and improves your posts a LOT.

I also recommend using magnets as then you'll never have to worry again since you can customize it to face whatever army your facing.
where can i get magnets small enough, I tried looking online but have had no joy so far.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 20:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldcoast
where can i get magnets small enough, I tried looking online but have had no joy so far.
The best to use is Rare Earth Magnets. You can find the small ones here: http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/Se...goryID-28.html

And as far as how I play my Shas'o, I usually use mine to tank hunt. I set him up with a Missile Launcher, Fusion Blaster, Shield Generator, Iridium Armour, Hard-wired Multi-tracker, Hard-wired Drone Controller and two Shield Drones. I use my other Crisis to hunt heavy infantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 21:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTop1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldcoast
The best to use is Rare Earth Magnets. You can find the small ones here: http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/Se...goryID-28.html

And as far as how I play my Shas'o, I usually use mine to tank hunt. I set him up with a Missile Launcher, Fusion Blaster, Shield Generator, Iridium Armour, Hard-wired Multi-tracker, Hard-wired Drone Controller and two Shield Drones. I use my other Crisis to hunt heavy infantry.
thanks m8
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote