Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

twin linked weapons
Old 21 Feb 2008, 13:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default twin linked weapons

i know you get to reroll on a twin linked weapon but no where does it state you cant have two regular versions of the same weapon on a crisis suit

the deathtrain most people use has twin linked missle pods

would prefer to use two missle pods with a multy tracker and ride my luck on the dice just wondered why more people dont go down this route i know the points cost is higher but seems to be a more potentialy potent weapon

saying that i normaly use fireknifes
game101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 14:10   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: twin linked weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by game101
would prefer to use two missle pods with a multy tracker and ride my luck on the dice just wondered why more people dont go down this route i know the points cost is higher but seems to be a more potentialy potent weapon
I actually wished it was so, but that would make it very broken at the same time. I mean, picture two JSJing crisis suits armed with two missile pods each (not twin-linked)a total of 8 Str 7 shots. That firepower is even more than a squad of Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons team with autocannons (6 is the total shots they can dish out).

In addition, remember our good old friend the Markerlight? What happens if I mix that with the squad stated above? It only gets worse when the squad have three suits and have a team leader with a targetting array and also a HW multitracker. And when you can take three squads (and more) of them, you can say it is the new iron warriors.

It will kill all vehicles and infantry with a dead certainty, and only the AV 14 vehicles would escape its wrath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 14:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thats ok asumed it was the case just wasnt certain if the weapons classed as equiptment or not
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:11   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Whilst I can't quote page and verse, I am convinced the Codex states you cannot have two seperate weapons of the same type on a Crisis Suit. If not the Codex, certainly an Errata.

I'll have to have a look later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:16   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Whilst I can't quote page and verse, I am convinced the Codex states you cannot have two seperate weapons of the same type on a Crisis Suit.
You are right. Any weapon of the same type on a crisis suit counts as being twin-linked but take up two of the three hardpoints.

I think he is asking what we would think iof we are able to take the same weapon system twice without the need of twin-linking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:18   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

just miss read something but double checked after this post new to tau and 40k allways used to play warhammer or historical
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

its on page 25 of the codex
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2008, 00:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
just wondered why more people dont go down this route i know the points cost is higher but seems to be a more potentialy potent weapon
Because your not allowed to do that. Believe me, lots of people would wish otherwise :'(.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 02:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Where a weapon is given two piont values, the first is the price as the mormal, single-mounted version, and the second is for two weapons(counting as a twin-linked weapon of that type).

Tau Empire codex: page 25, fisrt paragraph under the Heading "Twin-linked battlesuit weapons systems".

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 14:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Quote:
I actually wished it was so, but that would make it very broken at the same time. I mean, picture two JSJing crisis suits armed with two missile pods each (not twin-linked)a total of 8 Str 7 shots. That firepower is even more than a squad of Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons team with autocannons (6 is the total shots they can dish out).

In addition, remember our good old friend the Markerlight? What happens if I mix that with the squad stated above? It only gets worse when the squad have three suits and have a team leader with a targetting array and also a HW multitracker. And when you can take three squads (and more) of them, you can say it is the new iron warriors.

It will kill all vehicles and infantry with a dead certainty, and only the AV 14 vehicles would escape its wrath.
But for the greater good that would be freaking awesome however unfair to other armys )))
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote