Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tigershark help
Old 21 Feb 2008, 11:42   #1 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Default Tigershark help

Okay, my AX-1-0 FINALLY arrived today after a few months of waiting and I have to say it looks absolutely great. I can't wait to start putting it together and painting it, but obviously being such a large and expensive kit I'm going to have to learn some patience not to mess it up. Anyway, I have a couple of questions to the good members of the forum here.

1) Does anyone know a good way to make a decent flying base for one of these things? I'd really rather have it on a stand, flying high above my army then have to hold it in my hand and make plane noises everytime it makes an attack run (my gf has already warned me about this).

Now for the fun question...

2) Due to an error, the first time I was sent the tigershark, only the fuselage (main body) arrived. Its slightly distorted on one side but other than that its in fine condition. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with this large and expensive chunk of resin?
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 11:58   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Tigershark help

Quote:
1) Does anyone know a good way to make a decent flying base for one of these things? I'd really rather have it on a stand, flying high above my army then have to hold it in my hand and make plane noises everytime it makes an attack run (my gf has already warned me about this).
Based on Ginger Chris' Tigershark base, use a piece of heavy plastic, machined into this kind of shape:

/----------\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
| |
| X |
| |
|__________________|

Make this about an inch thick, and where X is, you want about 3-4mm hole. Into this you want a metal rod (welding rods, once the crap is taken off, work wonders, and come in different sizes) no longer than about 4" for the Tigershark (any higher, and it can lose stability).

With the tapered end of the base being the front end of the Tigershark, you should have a relatively stable base, that looks really professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 12:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Turn your spare fuselage into tau wreckage terrain.

I did the same with a crappy hammerhead someone sent me.

Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 14:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've seen clear plastic rods available at hobby stores too.

How much of the Tiger shark is it? Is it possible to convert one from what's there without too much work? If it's at all possible, maybe you'd want to trade it (wink wink).
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:38   #5 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Its the main body. Basically the center part is one solid lump, but it needs wing tips, the side sponsons, the rear of the engines, the rail cannons, the cockpit and the underslung missle bay.

I'm currently looking into how easy it would be to build into a whole one. The main problem isnt the missing parts, its the warping along the right hand wing.
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Old 21 Feb 2008, 16:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I guess when aircraft crash badly (is their a good way to crash?) they inevitably lose the wings and slide along on the under carriage. The main hull that you have could still work as a terrain piece.

Is it possible for you take a picture of the AX-1-0 in part form. I'd be interested to see what the parts are like. I want to get an AX-1-0 at some point.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:08   #7 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I guess when aircraft crash badly (is their a good way to crash?) they inevitably lose the wings and slide along on the under carriage. The main hull that you have could still work as a terrain piece.

Is it possible for you take a picture of the AX-1-0 in part form. I'd be interested to see what the parts are like. I want to get an AX-1-0 at some point.
Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera. I'll ask my girlfriend to bring hers next time she comes over (although I might lie about why... :shifty and then I'll probably PM you a link to the picture rather than resurrect the thread. I think someone did do a parts shot of one here a while ago. I definitely remember seeing one.
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth

Double signed.

Make it an interesting piece of terrain; the missing parts could be easily explained by salage teams recovering everything valable (computers, etc.) and leaving the heavy, more-or-less useless hull behind.

Ah, and I want pics of the parts, too - because just like Gareth, I want to get one of these babies... ;D
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2008, 01:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

What about one under construction/maintenance on a Tau air base, etc. Would make a far more interesting terrain piece IMO, and would be great as an objective, etc.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
What about one under construction/maintenance on a Tau air base, etc. Would make a far more interesting terrain piece IMO, and would be great as an objective, etc.
This idea FTW. Love it.