Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Another newbie
Old 14 Feb 2008, 12:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Another newbie

Hey what's up Tau? I just got into this army after playing Templars for the past six years. I'm looking for some shootie goodness. So far I have amassed 24 fire warriors, 3 man stealth suit team, A HQ Crisis suit, 2 crisis suits, 1 broadside, 2 devilfish transports for the FW teams, a Gunship(convertable from Railgun to Ion) and a Sky Ray.
I want to incorporate some path finders and piranhas possibly more stealth suits and sniper drone teams. I can see the use of the Kroot but I hate putting them together I thought FW were a pain but those Kroot > What can I say? There is just something the I like about raining down seeker missiles on people from anywhere on the board. I never got to do that with the Templars. I'm looking forward to that.

One questions about the seekers. If I put them on the transports and gunships are the pathfinders able to call those in on a target as well like the Sky Ray's?

I'm looking to build about a 2000 point mech army, but I really need to get to 1750 by June. There's a local tournament and I want to try it with the Tau.
Shas la Korst la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2008, 13:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Another newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas la Korst la
One questions about the seekers. If I put them on the transports and gunships are the pathfinders able to call those in on a target as well like the Sky Ray's?
THE ANSWER IS YES! A seeker missile needs a markerlight in order to be launched! ANY markerlight can call a seeker missile from ANY vehicle. I personally like taking them on my cheaper tanks rather than spending the points on a Sky ray.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 16:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas la Korst la
Yes, to put is simply, all seeker missiles work the same. They require a marklight hit and thats it. The skyray can very well use it's 2 marklights to shoot off the seeker missiles of another vehicle (like a piranha that's gotten behind a tank ).
Old 14 Feb 2008, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

If you are going to be encountering Space Marines, Chaos or Necrons, I highly recommend Sniper Drones. Also, with your pathfinders, they will be very accurate and deadly for those elite 3+ infantry. If you are fighting Orks, Tyranids go with Hammerheads.