Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

batrep: fight together or Die alone (beginners)
Old 10 Feb 2008, 15:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to shishimay
Default batrep: fight together or Die alone (beginners)

havn't a clue what the points are since I was only controlling the tau (dominating) part of my side..this is also my first battle report... so here goes...

Can't tell the exact measurements, but the board was roughly 75inches -corner to corner- and was rectangular, the width being about twice the size of the breadth. the map was set up with 6 eight two storey buildings round the board so:

1----------------2----------------3
-
-
4---------------------------------5
-
-
6----------------7----------------8

the armies were as follows:

(5 people aside each allowed: 1HQ, 1 troops, 1 heavy support, 1 of anything)

The greater good (bottom half)
1 broadside battlesuit
2 land raiders (sweet, I know)
5 grey knight terminators
10 grey knights (with terminator honours I think)
librarian
some awesome marine guy with a cape, powerclaw and a plasma gun
dreadnought(lascannon and plain arm thing)
chaplain
2 space marine commanders
40 marines

Heretics

1 necron monolith
12 necron warriors
1 heavy destroyer
1 c'tan
1 carnifex
12 hormogaunts
3 big 'nids but kinda smaller than a carnifex
1 leman russ
1 whirlwind
20marines
chaplain
librarian
commisar
20 guards
heavy assault team

(I was playing the tau for greater good)

OBJECTIVE:

destroy 3 main vehicles

greater good:

Hammerhead gunship
Land raider
Land raider

Heretics:

Leman russ
Monolith
Carnifex

Heretics attacked first (no one was allowed to deepstrike btw)

TURN 1:

Movement phase:

the c'tan and the big 'nids moved forward towards the grey knights (bottom middle) as the looming monolith lumbered towards the tau forces (bottom right) (necrons/nids in the top middle)
on the right flank the hertic space marine and guardsmen ran forth towards the building hiding the marines.

Shooting phase:

The cursed Monolith readied it's cannons at the hammerhead gunship and without a second of hesitation, fired it's godforsaken blast. However mark's dice rolling was not up to scratch, and the blast radius decided to move away...to the firewarriors positioned on the bottom left building. 7 cover saves to make, OUCH! My dice rolling wasn't terrible, and thanks to the building, 3 men were saved from the monoliths fire. meanwhile the c'tan was having fun with the grey knight terminators, and along side the big'nids managed to hit 4 of the emperors daemon hunters. However the terminators stood strong, surrendering only one man to the c'tan's might, totally denying the tyranids fire. On the otherside of the board, the whirlwind decided to take some fire upon the marines of the greater good, destroying no more than one man with it's destructive missiles. However, the greater good would not stand for these loses as the forces of the tau would soon prove.

Turn .1: The greater good

The ethereal stood enraged by the purge set upon the 4 fallen warriors of the tau. It was time to show the necrons that they would never be allowed to end life in the world as long as the tau stood strong. and so the greater good began to move. within seconds the firewarriors had jumped into their devilfish, and the greyknights in the land raider. The devilfish then flew forward towards the left building, taking cover behind it. The landraider then rattled around the bottom middle building and into the open, not in range of anything it used up all it's movement. on the other side of the field, the space marines were pouring through the newly opened doors and the dreadnought was staring through a window with it's lascannon sticking through a hole. The crisis suits also left the ethereal and jumped out into the field, they were going to murder the necrons next turn.

shooting phase.

the mighty railgun of the Tau's gunship moved to face the Monolith. It was intent on riping through every last system the monolith held. The gun fired, and hit. But the armor of the Monolith was not willing to be penetrated and was simply stopped from moving- still a problem. Now it was the broadsides turn. It's twinlinked cannons at the ready, it fired and with horrible luck, missed completly. but with a quick reminder from andrew it fired again (thanks to the twinlinked-ness) and struck gold as the monolith was torn to pieces and clunked to the ground in utmost despair of mark. His Monolith, and objective was gone, but continued to hinder the fire of anything towards the tyranids or c'tan. Blasted necrons. have to annoy you every step of the way. But no matter. the greater good would soon shine through. unfortunatly, despite firing every last gun, james and chris managed to miss every last shot and hung their heads in shame.

It was now time for necrons to try revenge.

TURN 2: HERETICS

The C'tan's eyes flickered with rage at the sight of his wrecked Monolith but looked forward in hate at the grim dark future he would soon create. Thus he moved forward towards the grey knights with a disgusting grin underneath that hooded robe alongside the hormogaunts and big 'nids, the carnifex looking greadily upon the exposed Crisis suits. The necrons decided to take cover behind the building (top left), expecting massed gunfire upon them. Way across the field the leman russ readied it's fire and the entire force stood it's ground, taking up arms. And so the death raining would begin.

Turn 2 shooting phase

The c'tan was fueled with hatred, and was going to take it out on the grey knights. He fird his lightning, and the big 'nids fired their unholy cannons and slew 6 of the 10 knights, making short work of them. Next it was the carnifex who was wanting to kill (like usual) and he was going to make it quick with his huge gun. He fired at the Helios suit but missed in his pathetic rage. However despite the fact that the carnifex had messed up. There was a lot of cheering from the emperors men on the otherside of the field. Between the librarian, the leman russ, the whirlwind and a few men, chris and james's forces had met their makers as 38 marines and their HQ units bit the dust. Luckily the land raider was still standing, but we were in trouble from the massed fire power that our opponents could bring to bear. This had to be finished.

Greater good turn 2

The devilfish dropped it's load behind the necrons and the grey knights and land raider rushed it's terminators into the c'tan.

Shooting phase:

The crisis suits were pissed. However their fury was cut short as they managed to do nothing to the almighty carnifex and so they hid behind the monolith. The land raider on the other side of the field brought it's mass amounts of weaponry to bear, destroying the whirlwind and 10 marines. The grey knights, in their fury, cut down the c'tan and a 'nid, showing their opponents that daemon hunters were not to be messed with. the firewarriors shot their pulse rifles, and the drones loaded plasma and missiles into the necron warriors, killing all but one of the living metal warriors. The game was nearing an end however, as the broadside and hammerhead brought to bear they're weapons. The Hammerhead aimed both burst cannons and the railgun towards the carnifex blowing it into hundreds of fleshy pieces. as the broadside turned it's massive guns towards the Leman russ, 45 inches in the distance. Without warning the guns fired, smashing right through the Pathetic imperial machine, setting it ablaze. The Heretic librarian stared in horror as the been flashed past him and the explosion so close by lost him the battle. They would have to retreat for now. But they would soon rebuild their army and set upon them the new forces they had in store.

VICTORS: THE GREATER GOOD

Summary:

I thought we were in trouble when they deployed the Monolith so close, but the power of the tau railguns were more than a match for the necron armor. We were honestly lucky that the Land raider on the eastern flank stayed in tact, as the amount of fire it warded of was insane. But all in all it was a tau victory rather than the empire as the tau's railguns shone death upon all 3 objectives.

It was a 2 hour match btw (the right side took forever)

NOBODY expects the tau rail rifle drones!
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
and an almost fanatical devotion to the greater good....
Our four... no...
Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
are such elements as fear, surprise...
I'll choose another unit...
shishimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2008, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: batrep: fight together or Die alone (beginners)

Wow, the is the first game i have seen where it was possible for the railgun to be out of range, good battle report

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2008, 16:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyboy5
Wow, the is the first game i have seen where it was possible for the railgun to be out of range, good battle report
thanks ^^;

it never was because both the broadside and hammerhead were deployed around 7 inches from the corner XD. It was great fun, but I'm worried cause it's a continuation next week where the greater good forces get some more backup and lead a full assault on the Heretics base...trouble is that, sure we have more stuff too but they're gonna have a baneblade and 2 monoliths this time. It's all out apocalypse...whee! I get to use my full out 1200 pt army...meaning it'll end up about 6000+ pts aside next week...gonna be fun O.o

Our four... no...
Old 10 Feb 2008, 21:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hi shishimay,

That was a good Battle Report, thanks for sharing

Third Sphere
Old 10 Feb 2008, 22:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks third ^^

Our four... no...
Old 11 Feb 2008, 00:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker

Nice battle report. Congratulations. ^^

I think it deserves karma.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 00:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks man ^^ it's for the greater good :shifty:

Our four... no...
Old 11 Feb 2008, 03:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker

Yeah, for the Greater Good and for our not-communist Ethereal leaders. :P
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 06:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishimay

nice battle report but i do have a few questions, how did your ethereal take crisis guards and the fire warriors drones a TL plasma+TL smart missiles and how did 14 models fit inside the devilfish? house rules?
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 12:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I asked and they let me. I needed to squeeze as much in, also the drones didn't go inside, they wandered along beside the devilfish

and the weapons are from my heavy drones (look in showcase)

also in the codex it states that the FW veterans that can accompany him have trained to use battle suits anyway...

Our four... no...