Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Here I sit, bored at work. I wonder if you'll think I'm a jerk.
Old 07 Feb 2008, 21:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Here I sit, bored at work. I wonder if you'll think I'm a jerk.

I'm sitting around here and wondering just what exactly Tau fear as far as space marines are concerned. Granted everyone fears a whirlwhind artillery tank but.... Is there anything else good for making them scatter to the wind?
Navvikus Hereticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2008, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Here I sit, bored at work. I wonder if you'll think I'm a jerk.

The thing I fear from space marines is probably the most common terror/complaint, and it even has the word Fear in it:

A Drop pod landing in the middle of my force [annoyingly never going splat! with a bad scatter, and auto adjusting to just to the edge of safe! GRR!], and out steps a librarian with his retinue, and then blasts out a "fear the darkness!!" , catching absolutely everybody, and literally my entire army fails on a 6+ or so.. and run off the board on turn 2.

Fun stuff. yay.

[as for the topic title, I say "Someones talking Dr. Suess, quickly someone get a noose!" heehee sorry thats just what my gut reply is when I clicked it! ;D]

Old 07 Feb 2008, 22:21   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
The thing I fear from space marines is probably the most common terror/complaint, and it even has the word Fear in it:

A Drop pod landing in the middle of my force [annoyingly never going splat! with a bad scatter, and auto adjusting to just to the edge of safe! GRR!], and out steps a librarian with his retinue, and then blasts out a "fear the darkness!!" , catching absolutely everybody, and literally my entire army fails on a 6+ or so.. and run off the board on turn 2.

Fun stuff. yay.

[as for the topic title, I say "Someones talking Dr. Suess, quickly someone get a noose!" heehee sorry thats just what my gut reply is when I clicked it! ;D]

The drop pod Libby IMHO is a cheap and dirty trick. If i'm fighting Tau I dont want to fight them quick. Tooth and nail and sword and gun, playing full matches is always fun.
Edit: I find myself rhyming when bored, its a very hard thing to ignore.
Navvikus Hereticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2008, 22:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Two thing that strike the greater good out of me, the rhino smoke grenade charge, and the deathwatch squads.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 20:14   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Lots of little squads of marines, with intigrated heavy weapons scare the greater good clean out of my battlesuit army. They run like little girls. (I couldn't think of a ryme, but I know a doctor, no joke, who's last name is Seuss. Dr. Seuss .)
Old 11 Feb 2008, 23:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd have to say that, besides the assault cannons (ie teleporting termies or deep striking land speeders), Min/Max Dev Squads, and Tigurius's Uber Fear Effect (can't remember the exact name of it...) no marines scare me ;D
The Gear Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 23:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Big squads of marines with lascannons and powerfists. Seriously the toughest marine armies I ever faced w/ my mech Tau were the gunline ones.

The wall of fire power, both anti tank and otherwise that they spit out can be very painful, while meanwhile they are suprisingly reslient and difficult to break because of all the various morale boosts Marines get. I've found the best way to deal with an army like this begins in deployment. Deploy spread out across your entire deployment zone so that they position their static fire elements spread out in order to counter your army. Then in the first few turns send everything across the board and try to launch a concentrated attack on one flank of his army. Use your tanks superior mobility to do damage to his infantry and keep those battle suits out of sight! Be careful about closing to close range as the sheer number of bodies that he has are very dangerous in close combat. Keep mission objectives in mind and you can do quite well against this seemingly deadly foe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 23:47   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Being forced to take an Ethereal in my army list.
robidark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2008, 00:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gear Mechanic
I'd have to say that, besides the assault cannons (ie teleporting termies or deep striking land speeders), Min/Max Dev Squads, and Tigurius's Uber Fear Effect (can't remember the exact name of it...) no marines scare me ;D
Wha? Min/max devs are a bad idea, you take two casualties and you start taking out heavy weapons. Eight men are a problem for me, but not min/max. Tiugrius has the exact same aformentioned power, just with double range(making it twice a pain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2008, 03:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

um,

Full ASMs Squads w. Powerfist+PlasPistols, Multiple Full ASM Squads w. Powerfist+PlasPistols, Full SM Bike w. AssBike squads, Boo Libby Torpedoes (see bikes), Powerfist Chappy Torpedoes (ditto), Boo Libby in Drop Pods, Multiple Whirlwinds, all backed up with LasPlas spam...

The Tau aren't exactly invincible Marine-killers... Just because the regular tactics for dealing with Marines tend to be simple doesn't mean they are necessarily a weak matchup against us. There are plenty of things Marines could do to make us run for our money.

- Abdul Alhazred, The Mad Arab of Cthulhu Lore, on the subject of Chaos Tau [link]

"Zomg, teh Tau are teh evil bastardz, they suk at life."
copy and paste this into your sig if you hate Tau.

Proud member of Team CMAP - DON'T HOLD BACK- The time has come to- GALVANIZE!
Floobosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote