Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Good Kill Team
Closed Thread
Old 09 Apr 2005, 19:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default A Good Kill Team

What would be a good kill team I could Field for the Tau

Caboose: MY NAME IS MICHAEL J. CABOOSE... AND I HATE BABIES!
Old 09 Apr 2005, 22:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: A Good Kill Team

12 FW w/ 'Ui and 2 drones and Photon nades is the most effective one we have, it'll kill any single brute squad, but the most fluffy IMO is :

8 PF w/'Ui 2 Drones a RR w/ TLI and photon nades
enogh carbs to waste a brute squad on the move, a free move and a RR to ping a separate squad if you need to stop and get 2 of them.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 10 Apr 2005, 00:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
12 FW w/ 'Ui and 2 drones and Photon nades is the most effective one we have, it'll kill any single brute squad, but the most fluffy IMO is :
This is 14 models. Busted an immutable law there.

12 Firewarriors is all you really need. The shas'ui and bonding and other upgrades generally are useless because Kill Teams are fearless.
However, for fluff's sake and possibly some variability, I would suggest:

12 Firewarriors
Shas'ui with Markerlight and Hardwired Target Lock (rarely will use this but it's fluffy and fills our points).
Bonding (it's useless, but hey, it's fluffy for a Kill Team for sure!)

That's 157 - Close enough to 160, which is our mark. No laws broken.

Now - as Dizzy said, the more "fun" and fluffy approach would be the Pathfinders. They're not as utterly powerful as the Firewarriors, but they're really cool and can fire 18 inches on the move, which is actually valuable in Kill Team missions you'll find (trust me, I found myself taking more 30 inch shots with Firewarriors than 12 inch rapidfire shots). The Railrifle is fluffy and good for trying to bust a tough brute or boss squad. Very cool team - but just doesn't rack up the power that 12 Firewarriors do.

The simple answer is that Firewarriors (12x) for Kill Team are just -too good- actually. So take your inspiration and enjoy it! Kill Team is fun!
Old 10 Apr 2005, 02:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker

Another Good Kill team would be to field 5 Bonded Stealth Suits. Equally fluffy since they aren't directly factored into Tau battle plancs and are the most capable of infiltrating that deep into enemy lines to do so. Of course, you'd break a horrible amount of points, but it would be fun.
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 10 Apr 2005, 02:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah I like doing that but it brakes that three shot rule which is dumb

but a kill team of stealth suits is amazing
Old 10 Apr 2005, 08:31   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to IronWraith

I would think you could make some very cool missions with a small team of stealth suits. Fluff wise they are perfect for sneaking around behind enemy lines blowing stuff up. I guess you can't really use them as someone stated above but it would be fun.

Here's an awesome and legit way to a PSP!
http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17043334
Old 11 Apr 2005, 16:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker

Quote:
I would think you could make some very cool missions with a small team of stealth suits. Fluff wise they are perfect for sneaking around behind enemy lines blowing stuff up. I guess you can't really use them as someone stated above but it would be fun.
You can use the Stealth Suits as a Kill Team. The only thing is, you would be breaking the three shot weapon rule 5 times, which means that the other player will be getting a whole lotta upgrades and 5 extra brute squads.
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 11 Apr 2005, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

SS justarent good enough to warrant the 5 brutes they make you give away IMO.

PF are where its at
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 12 Apr 2005, 14:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I always thought that the PFs were illegal since they had to take a Fish as a part of their choice. Well, that's what I've been told, anyways.

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderNightstalker
I always thought that the PFs were illegal since they had to take a Fish as a part of their choice. Well, that's what I've been told, anyways.
Any squad that has an obligation to have a vehicle (eg: must be mounted) is removed, so it is perfectly leagal to have PF's...
Closed Thread