Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Armored Interdiction Force in 2000pt. game Apocalypse rules
Old 05 Feb 2008, 23:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Armored Interdiction Force in 2000pt. game Apocalypse rules

Hello all, I'm taking part in a tournament at the end of the month that's 2000 points using Apocalypse rules, but otherwise is a normal game. So it's one-on-one (no teams or some such) but with no FOC but the possibility of using datasheets and formations. So what I'm wondering is if it's worth taking the Armored Interdiction Force formation in said game? Here's the problem: I haven't ponied up $50 for the Apocalypse rule book, so I don't know what the point cost of said formation is. It would be super awesome A+ number 1 good time if someone could tell me how much more it'll cost me to run that formation using the appropriate rules of the forum (e.g. - does it cost as much as say, a Devilfish with a SMS upgrade?)

Also, does the formation work the way I think it does (adds D3+1 extra markerlight hits every turn on any target which are automatic hits) or does it do anything extra beyond that?

What about which 'Heads to use? I was thinking Railhead as command and two Ionheads, but I'm considering taking a Skyray instead of the second Ionhead (those extra markerlights above the D3+1 and Pathfinders is very tempting.)

Haven't given the rest of the list a ton of thought, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06 Feb 2008, 00:47   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Armored Interdiction Force in 2000pt. game Apocalypse rules

Well, I don't think I can say how much it costs but you may check out the Bell of lost souls on their Apocalypse rumors, you may find some help there.
Now about the rules, I have only played one game of Apoc and the marker lights are auto hit with no max range so use that to your advantage. I had seeker missiles on my vehicles so I could toss around missiles when my target was out of range of my rail guns. Also I used 3 rail heads, for the range.
zannal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 02:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Armored Interdiction Force in 2000pt. game Apocalypse rules

'Tis true, you can't post the actual number of points something costs, but you can post the equivlent of the cost, like "it costs as much as a devilfish" which is the most popular example I've found. At least as far as I know that's still the policy... Couldn't find anything on Bell of the lost souls but thanks for the heads up, looks like a cool site.

As far as I know the games will be played on a standard size table - either 4'x6' or 4'x8' - so I'm not too worried about range. I'm thinking that the cost of the AIF will eat up a fair bit of my 2000pts so less expensive Ionheads could make up some of the difference, plus they'll be handy against Marines and the like. I'm planning on taking Broadsides too (thank you no FOC ;D) so their Railguns should hopefully prove a bit more reliable than Railheads, but sadly no Submunitions. Depending on the army(s) I'll be facing I may only use the Submunition on the Railhead (Eldar, 'Nids) but it'll be nice to have there in case I face tougher nuts to crack.

EDIT: Yeah... I looked harder on Bell of lost souls... and I found it. Guess I forgot to take my smart pills yesterday. :-[ Me being paranoid as I am - anyone know if this is accurate? For now I'm gonna assume it is... if only I knew someone with the friggin' Apocalypse book. Sounds like a pretty good deal - for the price of a Tetra I get at least two automatic markerlight hits. This could work out well... The Army of the Fallen Leaves is taking shape nicely ;D

Oh, and thanks zannal, I owe you one.