Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Questions on complete value ( not selling anything just asking a question.)
Old 04 Feb 2008, 14:40   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Questions on complete value ( not selling anything just asking a question.)

So my boyfriend loves Tau, which is... okay i guess ( space marine player here) and I'm buying him an army. do you think that 300 dollars is worth the following?

1 crisis suit, 1 pathfinder squad of 8, the 3 broadsides, 1 squad of 6 stealth suits, an ethereal, 1 devilfish.
24 fire warriors
1 painted squad, 1 unpainted squad
and 2 full kroot cadres, one painted, one unpainted

edit: by lots of drones i mean.... like 2 or 3 handfulls.
Navvikus Hereticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2008, 15:50   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Questions on complete value ( not selling anything just asking a question.)

$300 on your boyfriend? Wow, he must be pretty special....

A conservative estimate of what you have written there puts it at about 199 new, which with the current exchange is nearly $400 of stuff if new.

I don't think its too bad, but if you can nudge it a bit lower, go for it. Best thing though, wait for an American to answer, they will know better about the value of the stuff over there better.

Hope this has helped, but might be cool to wait for more advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2008, 15:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: That place where, stereotypically, we all drink tea and wear top hats.
Default Re: Questions on complete value ( not selling anything just asking a question.)

Provided that this is US dollars that we're talking about, that sounds like a rather good deal. Unless I've made a massive screw up in the calculations, it works out at $388 from GW's online store, which is considerably more expensive that the $300 you're quoting. However, if you're going to buy pre-painted squads from someone, it may be worth asking for pictures of the models before buying.
92% of forum users have signatures which explain how they are part of an 8% minority. If you are part of the 8% that don't, copy and paste this into your signature, and duck when the paradoxial nature of this action causes a rip in the space-time continuum.

Quote:
+++Your avatar is my worst nightmare.+++
Sven the Kaiser of Krieg, On my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
The Orkoid understanding of Force Field technology is staggering. The Imperium is a long way behind, and the Tau are, by comparisson, jumping up and down screaming "Witch! Witch!".
Askaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2008, 16:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, one question comes to mind - how much of the stuff is painted and how well is it painted? Your boyfriend will probably want to paint his own color scheme. And while stripping paint from models is quite doable, it can be messy and a general pain in the rump (just a tip - use automotive brake fluid).

Let's see though...price breakdown:
The Battlesuit, Devilfish, 12 Fire Warriors, 12 Kroot, and 3 Stealthsuits probably came from a Battleforce box, which is $90.
Another 12 Fire Warriors = $35
Another 3 Stealthsuits = $20
3 Broadsides @ $35 each = $105
Ethereal = $15
Another 16 Kroot = $35
8 Pathfinders @ $6 per model = $48

If my math is correct, that comes to $348. So overall, its not a bad deal. I'd still try to haggle...see if you can talk the guy down to $275.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2008, 17:19   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

haggle especially if things are pre-painted, because most likely he would want to change it, if they are just based it's not so bad. :-) My g/f bought me a ton of stuff for Christmas so rock on girls like you!
Old 04 Feb 2008, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaraven
haggle especially if things are pre-painted, because most likely he would want to change it, if they are just based it's not so bad. :-) My g/f bought me a ton of stuff for Christmas so rock on girls like you!
Um... thanks but i'm not exactly a girl. ^_^; I'm probably going to haggle, but the seller is a close friend of mine currently going through a sorta rough patch.
Old 04 Feb 2008, 20:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navvikus Hereticus
Quote:
Um... thanks but i'm not exactly a girl. ^_^; I'm probably going to haggle, but the seller is a close friend of mine currently going through a sorta rough patch.
YOUR A BOY.

It looks like a good deal; considering built+painted models usually cost a bit more than retail. Your saving about $100 including shipping.
Old 04 Feb 2008, 21:21   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

sorry bout that mistake!
Old 05 Feb 2008, 08:05   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navvikus Hereticus
Quote:
If it helps, you're not the first person that has happened to on here. We don't have a very good track record with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2008, 17:10   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Just a small update, I talked it out with the friend and for 290 i get all the Tau, and for an additional 120 i get... 20 tac marines, 10 scouts, land speeder with h. bolter, chaplain. all assembled and painted. plus a VAST army case i think it holds 30 or 40 minis per foam level for an additional 30 bucks ^_^ my space marine forces swell!