Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tell me what you think of a "horned " warfish
Old 26 Jan 2008, 17:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tell me what you think of a "horned " warfish

Should Warfish be allowed to sport burst cannons instead of SMS in addition to the center mounted burst cannon that it comes with ???? For a cost of +10 points (treating it just like a hammerhead) one could increase its fire by 2 shots , having a total of 9.

I would think that this would be advantageous for FOF players as the highpoint of their craft is practiced at the 12 inch range- well within the 18 inch range of the BC. Assuming that the Drone well or "horn " mounted Burst Canons were treated like those of the Hammerheads, they could fire 3 shots a piece. > ;D

Assuming that the 5 th ed. is still in a fluid state as it is not in print yet, would this be a worthy addition to the Devilfish profile? I implore the learned Ethereals , Shaso's and Shas'els to kindly please impart their wisdom to this thread for the greater good.

Shas0 K0Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 17:58   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Eddy4Tau
Default Re: Tell me what you think of a "horned " warfish

I came up with something similar. I used your idea but gave the devilfish a turret with 2 burst cannons (counts as twin linked) giving the fish 12 shots but at a total price of 130 pts. Yes it's a good idea.
Eddy4Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 18:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I think its a little too good for its cost. As it stands right now a fully kit out warfish is 120 points, which while expensive is totally worthwhile. 7 Shots a turn is quite a lot from a transport. Also I find the extra range, and ability of the SMS to ignore LoS is incredibly valuable for turns when you don't want to expose yourself to enemy fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 19:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like the idea, but when the fifth edition is released I doubt they'll be updating our codex again. We just got updated and I don't think GW will be wasting resources like that.
Also I believe the new rule book will be designed so that you are able to use current codexes with it.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 22:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Plus in 5th ed the defensive weapons criteria is strength 4 or less, so that will mean the warfish will only have offensive weaponry to fire. If I understand the new rules, if you want the 5+ save for moving over 6" you can only fire 1 offensive weapon rendering the other one useless. Oh well, that's what we get for having nice basic weaponry.
Know your foe, for they shall make every effort to know you. Know yourself, for if you do not you yield the advantage to your foe. Never allow a foe to gain an advantage, but never take your own advantages for grantid. Always leave your foe a way out, for they will fight harder when there is no escape. If a battle is inevitable, fight it on your terms, not your enemy's. Mercy and kindness should never be taken for weakness. And lastly, the only perfect victory in war is one that has no casualties, for either side.
mortargrunt06 is offline   Reply With Quote