Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] with pics, tau(sa'cea)vs skynids , points 1,850
Old 26 Jan 2008, 03:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default [BatRep] with pics, tau(sa'cea)vs skynids , points 1,850

Greetings all

Got a quick game in today againt the wifes nids.
her flying nid army-

VS
My revised(condensed for carrying space) sa'cea sept tau force-

The table at the start-

She won first turn and moved up. fired at a few units, downed my pathfinder warfish with a glance 6 and killed 2 inside.
i went to work on her warriors squads, doing most of my damage to the one coming up the center.
the view at the end of turn 1

Turn 2, my lone shas'o got assaultedby a nearly full warrior brood...and stayed there until turn 6 survivng with 1 wound left. iridium armor saved my bacon, and making most of my invul saves helped alot.

One hammerhead got stunned, one of my warrior teams fish got shaken, i managed to put a wound on the tyrant and wear the warriors down a little.

Turn 3....i seem to have forgotten to take pictures...stuff happened and stuff dies, but i don't recal details... LOL
on to turn 4

Turn 4 the dakka fex was hitting almost every shot! i lost the rails off of 2 hammerheads, the thropes anihilated my pathfinders(well 1 lived to run off the table).in return i killed a few warriors, but the flyrant shoot off everything i threw at him.

Turn 5 turned out to be pretty nasty for me, i saw it coming but there was no way my second commad team could get away from the flyrant.
they got assaulted, put a wound on the flyrant, took 2 in the subsequent assault phase...and then rolled double 6s for thier LD test and ran off the table. :'( one of my fish was stunned everything else unloaded at targets of opportunity. firewarriors also unloaded and added some extra fire. managed to kill some rippers and a thrope.

Turn 6. lost most of blue squad to the overshot from the fex's barbed strangler. but they stuck around. blues fish got shaken, my lone shas'o was taken down to 1 wound and stayed in the fight (a tau holding his own in CC, who would have thought it possible). the fex failed to damage the hammerhead it was attacking. the only things i did back was kill another thrope(she rolled double 1's on the only 2 wounds i did to it ;D ) and a ripper base.

There were a few tight spots in the middle and the bio plasma was paying for itself against my tanks. to be fair though fletchettes were doing thier job as well. even with my second command team running off the table, it was still a crushing victory for the tau by over 500 points......and my first victory against her army.
8)
Old 29 Jan 2008, 14:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [BatRep] with pics, tau(sa'cea)vs skynids , points 1,850

When I saw her army it looked liked you might be in trouble. That may have been because they were painted so menacingly, not to say your Tau were painted great as well. Nice write up and the pictures were excellent.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 21:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

I have never seen a nid army like that before. All those warriors and the wings! Great report, but if you could post the army lists that'd be a bit better for understanding what happened.

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 21:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I have never seen a nid army like that before.
that was kind of the idea.
she wanted a themed flying nid army and the 96 gargoyle route was both cost and time prohibitive.

minus the points costs obviously-
her list
HQ
tyrant
[snip profile]
1-hive tyrant-rending claws, scything talons, adrenal gland, adrenal gland, bio plasma, flesh hooks, toxin sac, toxic miasma, wings, the horror, warp field, synapse creature

HEAVY SUPPORT
zoanthropes
[snip profile]
3-zoanthropes with warp blast, warp field, synapse creature-

carnifex X1
[snip profile]
acid maw, adrenal glands, bioplasma bonded exoskeleton, enhanced senses, extened carapace, regenerate, re-enforced chitin, spine banks, tail weapon-scythe, toxin sacs, strength 8 barbed strangler, strength 10 venom cannon

FAST ATTACK
WARRIORS;
[snip profile]
warrior brood leader-
adrenal glands, adrenal glands, bio plasma, wings, flesh hooks, toxin sacs, scything talons, barbed strangler
[snip profile]
adrenal glands, adrenal glands, bio plasma, wings, flesh hooks, toxin sacs, scything talons, rending claws
1-7 warriors-
2-7 warriors-
3-7 warriors-

TROOP
rippers
[snip profile]
1 3 rippers
2-3 rippers

points 1846
32 models 75 wounds, 25 synaps creatures 6 fearless creatures/bases and the fex

my list-

tau
HQ-
-shas'o XV8 crisis suit with:iridium armour, stimulant injector, hard wired multitracker, hard wired-drone controller with 2 shield drones, fusion blaster, missle pod , shield generator, -
HQ2
-shas'o XV8 crisis suit with, hard wired multitracker, hard wired-drone controller with 2 shield drones, fusion blaster, missle pod , shield generator, hard wired target lock, hard wired black sun filter -
retinue-
2 shash'vre with twin linked missle pod, plasma rifle, hard-wired drone controller with 2 shield drones, hard wires multi-tracker, hard wired target lock, hard wired black sun filter, bonded-

TROOP
1-6 fire warrior ,bonded-
Devilfish-disruption pod fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, seeker missle X2-
2-6 fire warrior, bonded-
Devilfish-disruption pod fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, seeker missle X2-

HEAVY SUPPORT
1-hammerhead-railgun, disruption pod, fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, -
2-hammerhead-railgun, disruption pod, fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, -
3-hammerhead-railgun, disruption pod, fletchet discharger, SMS, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock, -

FAST ATTACK
1-8 pathfinders with pulse carbine, bonded, rail rifles X3

1,841 points

Edit by FT: Please avoid posting so many points costs and profiles as it violates GW's copyright rules and their IP
Old 29 Jan 2008, 22:48   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Please avoid posting complete profiles and points costs (and wargear effects) in such detail.

Thanks for your time.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2008, 00:08   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Nids hurts my eyes for they are just to colourful, but also well painted at the same time which amplifies the purple and blue even more!

Kudos on that battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2008, 08:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Mughi3, that's a nicely detailed BatRep, despite the missing picture.
Have yourself a Karma point. ;D

By the way, is the colour scheme on your army Chaos Black main colour, Codex/Fortress Grey secondary colour, Chainmail detail colour?
(because, if it is, I demand my old army back. :P)

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2008, 13:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Please avoid posting complete profiles and points costs (and wargear effects) in such detail
Oops sorry, just thought i needed to get rid of the points costs.
:P

Quote:
By the way, is the colour scheme on your army Chaos Black main colour, Codex/Fortress Grey secondary colour, Chainmail detail colour?
(because, if it is, I demand my old army back. )
hehe close but no cigar. i actually didn't use any GW paints for the main colors
the base color is HD interior/exterior black primer with some testors flat grey for the contrasting color. all the highlight colors(reds, blues etc...) were GW though