Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau as Sardaukar from Dune
Old 23 Jan 2008, 19:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tau as Sardaukar from Dune

If this is in the wrong forum, please move or delete, thanks

Can this work?

I intend to use Terracotta (armor), Khemri Brown (cloth), Blood Red (highlights), Scorpion Green (Eye sights) and a mix of Terracotta and Khemri Brown for a all sand base w/ rocks.

My worry is the shoulder cover, as it currently has the Tau sept insignia on it. For those that rememeber, House Corrino (whom the Sardaukar are the military arm of) is smbolized by a golden lion head. Can anyone recommend how I could represent this instead of the Tau syboml?
Lord Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Tau as Sardaukar from Dune

Well how good are you at sculpting? I'm sure if you were great then you'd probably have already put a lions head on the shoulder guard.

Maybe file off the sept symbol and pain the lion on? Its an extremely small area to work with so I'd say if you really want this to work then you should start practicing. Otherwise you could try to find small scale lion models. They might have them in hobby stores that sell model trains. I know that they have farm animals and things, they may have lions!

Who knows, those are just my ideas.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 01:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Waters pretty much got all the good ideas. All I can suggest is looking into the Empire range. I think the Empire Knights have some lion-esque symbols that might be usable.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 11:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Just one thing....
Lord Roke posts a thread about Dune... The first person to post is Waters.... Is this some kind of conspiracy?!?!?!

Well... It might be possible, but do they use that much exosceletons of crisis size or tanks for that matter. I have played Emperror: Battle For Dune, but i think it gives a bit of false picture of the factions as ive seen one of the films (not that i know what one though...) But if they use as much armour as the Tau does, then i would say yes.
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 11:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I'd just paint the Tau symbol gold, really. You don't have to make it that obvious, and they're still Tau after all. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 16:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioner
Just one thing....
Lord Roke posts a thread about Dune... The first person to post is Waters.... Is this some kind of conspiracy?!?!?!

Well... It might be possible, but do they use that much exoskeletons of crisis size or tanks for that matter. I have played Emperor: Battle For Dune, but i think it gives a bit of false picture of the factions as Ive seen one of the films (not that i know what one though...) But if they use as much armour as the Tau does, then i would say yes.
The films aren't like the books. Errm as far as I know the Tau would make very poor Sardaukar as they are the 'Imperial Guard' of the Corrino House. However You may just want to shave off the Tau symbol, then carfully with a scaple make a 'stamp' out of cork or cardboard etc. then use that to 'stamp' arm badges out of GS?

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:11   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

From most of the feedback I've gotten, sounds like the Tau would only be able to achieve the Sardaukar in color only ....

I'm wondering then which faction would best fit the Tau ... Freman? The Guild? One of the other Great Houses? ... anyone have any ideas?
Lord Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Err. The Dune universe has nothing comparable to the Tau. The closest you'd get would be the Ixians, however even then I'm not sure.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 00:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Maybe the Arkhanan or whatever the "good" guys are supposed to be named... They do after all have quite a bit of armour. But they focus a bit more on the walker and tracked idea...

Maybe the evilish gas dudes from the game?? Usually green....
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 02:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I've got to agree with Genmotty. The Tau just don't really fit in the Dune Universe.

If you wanted to do Sadaukar, I think Marines would probably fit best. Or maybe a pure Grey Knight army. Small numbers and competent close combat abilities I think would be the most important parts.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote