Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My army for Damocles Gulf Campaign
Old 17 Jan 2008, 13:20   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My army for Damocles Gulf Campaign

hi all

I have absolutely no idea if this belongs here or somewhere else and i'm sorry for that if it does go somewhere else could one of the mods please put it in the correct place and let me know where it should be.

well as the title says i'm off to the Campaign weekend in May and i have to get a 2500 point army ready for it (how do i get myself into these impossible situations??) I have started and being honest have no idea what i'm doing and whether it is right or wrong.

here is what I have so far that is painted

Commander guy in battlesuit he has 3 guns on him, the missile pod the plasmagun thingy and the cyclic gun....also have ten fire warriors and a hammerhead armed with the big gun ummm Railcannon thingy

I have 6 stealth suits that are base coated.........

now then what do i need to add next? any and all advice will be welcome i know i'll be facing Imperial Forces and Orks that's it i'm afraid i know it isnt much to give when asking for help like this but it's all i have.......

Here are pics of what i have painted so far

all feedback and any tips on the painting is more than welcome, I'll add stuff to this post as i add to the army
regards
Glyn
Glyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 13:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: My army for Damocles Gulf Campaign

Not to certain if this is the right board for that to be on but...

It looks fine to me. Nicely done, better than what I've done anyway.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 14:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Firstly here is a link to a frame where you can right out your entire army list which you can post in the sub board "Tau army lists"
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=22087.0

I hope you have a codex because you'll need it!

If your fighting Space marines, then plasma rifles and missile pods are good.
Against guard then CIB and Burst cannons would be good. Of course you would need 2 or 3 railguns to take down any tanks/One man units that you face. You allready have a Hammerhead so I would suggest a team of broadsides if you can afford it.

You must have another unit of fire warriors or a Kroot carnivore squad to fill out your 2 compulsory troop choices.

I would suggest a few more battlesuits and then you can decide what else you need depending on your playing style.

Hope that helps! I'll answer any other questions if I can
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 20:34   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

hi all

just a quick update to my army....I've now finished my Stealth Team

and have moved onto my second squad of Fire Warriors which i hope to have finished really soon and will then be moving onto the Phirana's most likely although that is subject to a change allowing for a team of Pathfinders with railrifles.

Glyn
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I assume you want responses to your paintscheme?

It's not bad - if nothing else, at least it's consistent. Some players (mostly new and young ones) won't paint with a consistent scheme. Painting a consistent scheme is, in my opinion, what makes an army so striking once it hits the tabletop.

A couple things you could do though are just simple tricks that make models look much better. First of all, did you prime your models or undercoat them before you started painting? I assume you did, but I'm not sure, the colors look a little bold. That leads me to...

You ought to use less paint, and use thinner coats. Using paint that's thick results in details on the models being lost in the goop of paint, and it makes the model more prone to chipping. Try putting some paint on a pallette and thinning it with just a tiny bit of water. The paint goes on easier, and in the long run you save paint because with water mixed with the paint you end up using less.

Next up, we should talk about highlights. I have only just starting using them myself because I always thought they would be difficult to paint on, but it turns out they're a lot easier than I thought. Just take a slightly lighter or darker shade of the color you've used and apply it to some of the hard edges on models. For instance, the shoulderpads on the Stealth Suits could be highlighted with Fortress Grey.

As far as the army composition, maybe consider picking up a battleforce. It'll give you some more basic troops which you need, and a Devilfish too if I'm not mistaken, which is always a good choice. That, and the fact that it saves you a lot of money. It's worth it, really.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 10:59   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thanks for the tips on the paint layers that'll help, i do try with highlights it's just i'm a bit nervous of them as i am slightly colourblind and have difficulty seeing shades of colours when layered togother..... but i will give it a try and hope i get it right......i did try it on the face of the fire warrior saregeant guy but i'm not sure if i over did it or not.....gotta try that again with this squad.

i'll pick up a battleforce box next which will certainly help as i need a Devilfish for a pathfinder squad and more Fire Warriors
Old 23 Jan 2008, 16:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

From personal experiences I have never found a Devilfish to be worth 80 points.

Oh and BTW: This isn't the painting board!!! :P
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 20:52   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i take it then that i have beenting in the wrong place??........Okies well i'll add this last pic here and then go find the painting board so that i am posting in the correct forum I jsut figured as it was a Tau army then it was in here that it belonged.

my XV88 design have done 3 of these today.

regards
Glyn