Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is it a bad idea to...
Old 17 Jan 2008, 02:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to socialblast
Default Is it a bad idea to...

I have essentially created a story and all of that fluffiness without purchasing any units or the like. I would rather have a force that tells a story and then work out the details of how to win with them than create some force that will always win because, you know. What kind of fun is that anyways? But! I am worried that I will possibly always lose because of inherent weaknesses in doing such. So what are some good ways to assure I have a force that meets both my criteria for fun as well as having a tactically sound force?
Old 17 Jan 2008, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Is it a bad idea to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialblast
I have essentially created a story and all of that fluffiness without purchasing any units or the like. I would rather have a force that tells a story and then work out the details of how to win with them than create some force that will always win because, you know. What kind of fun is that anyways? But! I am worried that I will possibly always lose because of inherent weaknesses in doing such. So what are some good ways to assure I have a force that meets both my criteria for fun as well as having a tactically sound force?
Play a heavily mechanized force. It is both fluffy and effective.
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 02:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to KevFox2169 Send a message via AIM to KevFox2169 Send a message via MSN to KevFox2169 Send a message via Yahoo to KevFox2169

To me, I'd assume that the most important part would be the person you play against. I know there have been a few times where the opponent was so antagonizing I felt like powergaming.

But more than that, you have the benifit of fitting the fluff, and then buying up your army after playing a few games with the base army you liked. Fluff wise, commanders do get resupplied with troops and units that directly relate to what they've thought they have been missing. Whats the story behind your army anyway? do you know that it has any inherent weaknesses?

Good going.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 02:32   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to socialblast

Well, I don't have a specific story per say, I was going to post battle reports as stories instead of the more traditional turn based deals because I see that as being more interesting to read and write anyways, but! I was going to create a outer-rim force with plenty of kroot and human auxiliaries to show that. I wanted them to have slightly outdated equipment and a really battle worn look to show that they have been far out, possibly cut-off from another force, and have been supplementing themselves with humans and kroot to keep their forces at battle levels. I hope to use many small squads instead of large groups to show that they cannot afford to have huge numbers of people in one place. I also want to place emphasis on infantry with crisis suits to back them up and take care of any large trouble. I want it to be a forest world and have camo used for the pathfinders and sniper spotter, as well as possible on the fatigues of the tau firewarriors. I don't see the point of camo on their armor plates, but you know. We'll see. I also want to paint tribal tattoos on the kroot, I think that would be cool. The only person I know to play against at this time is a friend of mine with a 1,000 point Tyranid army, so I plan on using that in the story as to why they are "lost" or whatever. That may be random, let me know if there are any questions I have the answers you seek!