Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

You ever have one of those battles?
Old 15 Jan 2008, 13:07   #1 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Default You ever have one of those battles?

Me and my buds just finished a huge 8,000 point game (2,000/player with 2 teams of 2 players) and got some of the weirdest die rolls. For example I had 2 teams of 2 broadsides for my tau, they fired 7 salvos at the enemy land raiders - that's 14 shots - I finally hit on the 7th volley and destroyed 1 of the land raiders the other land raider lived through the whole game. My kroot, however, were favored by the dice gods and managed to kill and entire chaos termie team when they were assaulted. The termies charged the woods my kroot were hiding in and remarkably I scored 7 wounds against them! If that isn't good enough the chaos player rolls 4 1s on his saves! ;D He just stared at the dice in disbelief! It just goes to show, you never know what's going to happen when you pick up the dice.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 13:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: You ever have one of those battles?

sure have, ;D i have played a game where my kroot have kiled a squad of arco flaggents, (sob) sob charged me in cover, we struck symultainiously (mega sp) he failed all 8 of his wound rolls killing his whole squad and i only lost 1 kroot!!!!!. then i have had the down right scary, (single fire warrior sarg killing 2 termies in 1 turn) (and a 3 man fire warrior squad killing an evesor assasin in combat )
Old 15 Jan 2008, 14:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

The last game I played I used my buddy said his dice were cursed, and I used his dice to prove they weren't. I did really well and survived what ever he threw at me. And my Gun Drones that came off my Piranha did better at destroying tanks than my Piranha with a Fusion Blaster. :P It's not the first time that's happened either...

Another game I played I had a team of pathfinders practically slaughter a squad of Chaos bikers that charged them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 14:45   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: CA, VT, or whatever state I decide to walk to this time.

I've had a standard ethereal massacre a lictor that charged him. I squad of fire warriors kill a troop of genestealers and then a troop of hormagaunts in CC before finally succumbing to a lictor. And my favorite. My friend who plays space marines had a tank, a something demolisher (I'm not very familiar with other armies). I had deep struck a crisis with gun drones behind it. Missile pods miss. Plasma rifle does nothing. First gun drone does nothing. Second gundrone gets a glancing hit and destroys it.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 15:00   #5 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

A dozen of my space chickens once killed 2 Lictors that assaulted them and only lost 2 kroot in return.

On the other hand they once assaulted a DA 3 Bike squad making 33 attacks, scoring only 1 wound which he made the save on. The bike squad routed the kroot and killed them to the last chicken. Then they went on to destroy a drone squad and a Fire warrior team. I now shoot bikes on site!!
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 16:12   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i had a squad of firewarriors tie up a squad of blood angels with a chaplain for 3 turns. then when my firwarriors finally took off for the hills a unit of gun drones pinned them and finished off all but the chaplain.
darkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 16:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I had a Chaos Prince being killed by my Shas'O in CC. Not that amazing, but I was pretty chuffed at the time.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 19:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, my Fire Warriors brought down a Hive Tyrant in CC once. Stupid thing thought it'd be fun to charge me. BLAM! Pulse rifles to the shins! Brought him down in 3 rounds!

The rest of his little gribblies proceeded to munch on the victorious Shas'la, but I killed the Tyrant nonetheless.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there was that one time when a lone Inquisitor sat on a building sidewalk to enjoy the 4+ cover save and survived 4 rounds of fire from a Wraithlord, taking nigh on a dozen saves per round, only to succumb to an "Instant Death!" shot on the last volley the Wraithlord had to shoot at me that turn.

He'd have been promoted to Inquisitor Lord if he hadn't died.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 19:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Once I had to make 12 4+ saves and passed 11 of them
Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Everyone in my gaming group is terrified of the 'free' gun drones that come with Piranhas and Devilfish. They have an uncanny ability to pass nearly every armour save they make, and they've destroyed a Vindicator, wounded a daemon prince in CC, decimated Harlequin squads in shooting, and sweeping-advanced a small squad of Seraphim.