Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Thy shall love my pulse rifle!!!
Old 03 Jan 2008, 17:04   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Thy shall love my pulse rifle!!!

I had a battle today against my dad.... yes my dad, i got my dad into warhammer 40k and he loves it (he collects orks)* !!! we had a great battle and i just wanted to say I LOVE THE PULSE RIFLE!!!! it saved my head!!!!!! i just fired and fired and fired into the green horde and i won!!!!! it was great!!! got to say i love the pulse rifle does anyone agree with me????

For the greater good!!!!!
Massive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 17:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Thy shall love my pulse rifle!!!

So.. many.. exclamation marks... please... cut.. down..
And yes, we all love our pulse rifle, now.. if only the tau could hit with them..

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 17:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Maybe he's just very excitable? ???

I'd take a burst cannon over a Pulse Rifle. Same thing, more shots. And (usually) J-S-J as well.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 18:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

yeah, but for the burst cannon, you need the JSJ because the range is less.
Old 03 Jan 2008, 19:04   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

true the burst cannon is great but poor range and if you mark light the target then the FW will cut them down much easyer
Massive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 19:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Lol Burst Cannons...even my enemies laugh when I fire them from my Stealths or Devilfish. They never hit, maybe once or twice at best, and can only dish out the damage of an infantryman. I guess it's better than nothing but I'd rather ANY other weapon hullmounted to my tanks than that. Maybe I'll ask my friend's Warboss if he can toss me a Big Shoota or two, they're the same stats just DOUBLE the range.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 01:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Pulse rifles ARE amazing. Although Fire Warriors can't hit the broad side of a barn, they can sure KILL the broad side of a barn! And Burst Cannons are good too. As far as putting Burst Cannons on a mobile unit, the only better I could think of would be Missile Pods, as the Burst Cannon does have better range than most weapons on the move.

Pulse Rifles are GREAT against Orks, they get no armor save and are wounded on a 3+.

Try against Guard or Nids, no save and wounded on 2's. That's just evil.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 04:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Lol Burst Cannons...even my enemies laugh when I fire them from my Stealths or Devilfish. They never hit, maybe once or twice at best, and can only dish out the damage of an infantryman. I guess it's better than nothing but I'd rather ANY other weapon hullmounted to my tanks than that. Maybe I'll ask my friend's Warboss if he can toss me a Big Shoota or two, they're the same stats just DOUBLE the range.
=p Don't go hatin' on the BCs now. My BC equipped stealth teams do their job fantastically. At str5 they are only average compared to everything else that the Tau (specifically) get. Heck, Eldar get a Heavy choice (Dark Reapers) that only have str5 weapons (except I think for the exarch). But still, heck str 5 is enough to do a ton of damage, especially if you work it right. I take stealth teams with targeting arrays, and they generally work great for early troop slaughter or flank harrasment.
Old 04 Jan 2008, 04:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: Maurice Louisiana, 3 miles from civilization and straight on till morning
Send a message via Yahoo to shadowclasper

hen, pulse rifles are awesome. Burst Cannons too, I actually hit most of the time, but I'm naturally favored by the Lady (first person to say the L word having to do with favorable outcomes cropping up is dead, that's a jinx if there ever was one even uttering that word). It's fun mowing down Tyranids with them. Wait till you play a army of all heavy 'nids (warriors, genestealers, etc. etc. things that aren't affected by lack of a synapse node), it's always funny to see your opponent's face when his Hive Tyrant gets taken down on the 3rd turn from just pulse rifle fire.

Shas'O Tash'var Vral Ko'Vash'Shi: "Or'es'Shas has only met with one crippling defeat, at the hands of the metallic dead... and we shall purge them form the galaxy, not just to avenge our fallen, but to prevent them from slowing the greater good's advance ever again." Before the battle to save refugees on Medusa V from being harvested by the Shadow Lord, a necron lord and killer off over 500 fire caste on the planet Yadsmood.
shadowclasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 07:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

You do what?! That's 40pts a stealth! Dear god, you must burst into tears when they die.

And, I faced off against Orks today (Tau Victory >) and the Burst Cannons....eh, they did their share. Nothing to write home about. Missile Pods and SMS are GW's gift to the Tau, that, and Markerlights <3 (even though I only had a bare bones unit of 4 pathfinders+a devilfish).

I just hate how the 'fearsome' burstcannon is the Devilfish's primary weapon until you upgrade to SMS. You're only going to kill 0-2 targets per firing, and that's if you're lucky. MASSED Burst cannon fire is a beautiful thing however, and I've got nothing against stealth teams....they're essentially overpointed and worse versions of Warp Spiders.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote