Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DoW: Kroot
Old 03 Jan 2008, 09:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default DoW: Kroot

In dawn of war kroot are amazing at fighting and they don't die easily, How can I use kroot in the real game like this?

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: DoW: Kroot

With great difficulty (lol)

Try taking a shaper and giving the kroot an armour save to increase survivability in combat.

Also wait in cover for the enemy to charge you so that you strike first, it also means you get to rapid fire them first.
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

In the table top version of 40k Kroot do die easily. The best way to keep them alive, is to plop them deeper than 6" in a forest, and hope your enemy has nothing that negates cover and fires indirectly. They are okay at hand to hand, but I've found they are better suited to double tapping from amongst the trees and then hitting at int 10 when your enemy charges you.

I would only suggest a Shaper if you are taking large squads over 12 models. I would also suggest never to take the armor save. A 6+ is next to useless, and for each seven Kroot you give an armor save you, you could instead buy another Kroot.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

You can't charge if you rapid fire :P

I use them as an counter assault, just sit there and shoot with them rest of time (they tend to do better than my firewarriors D.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

What fits better in a mech army Loads of suits or some suits and some kroots.

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Just depends what you want in your army,
My tournament army has suits, tanks and then a squad of kroot (mainly for the infiltrate ability)
I also have the same amount of vehicles as I do fire warriors

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
You can't charge if you rapid fire :P
I rarely charge with my Kroot, but let them get charged while in cover. They usually get two attacks each before the enemy, which was rapid fired during my turn.

Sniper King, I play with two squads of ten Kroot is almost every game. I'll use more once they are painted up. I can't say how many times they have been the MVP's in my games. It really is up to your playstyle though. We can't tell you if you should have more suits than Kroot. Some people love suits, some Kroot; it all depends on what you like.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 10:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It'll have to be suits for now as I have no kroot and my birthday funds are Xbox 360.

()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
Old 03 Jan 2008, 13:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

In DoW kroot have to be good at combat and a lot tougher. If they weren't tau would always get jump infantry rushed, and kroot would be powerless to stop them.

Of course in 40k you can't rush someones base, so kroot are used differently. If you can get the enemy to fight you want them to, ie in a wood, then thats already half the battle. If you want them to be the best give them all the upgrades like shaper, armour save, krootox, kroothounds.

i have never tried a fullunit of kroot with all upgrades, can someone please tell me how they work out?
thanks

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 17:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

yeah, and i am 'counts as' ing a unit of kroot with catachans ( i hate the kroot models) and i want a maximum squad, with hounds and all, how would i model the hounds?