Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DoW: Kroot
Old 03 Jan 2008, 18:28   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: DoW: Kroot

Orion (Wood Elf chap) has some wolf/dog things that could work. As do the Mordheim Witch Hunters. Dire Wolves would be another option.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 19:21   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

You hate the Kroot models?! Anything about them in particular? I love them, they're nice and bendy, you can make those legs do all sorts of poses like running or dashing. I don't like the Hound models much, just for the lack of poses, and I'm not fond of the Krootox model just because the mould is ****ed, it never comes out right unless I greenstuff all the gaps. Aside from that, I love the Carnivores, and you can convert them so well to make Shapers for squad leaders (I wouldn't use the Shaper model either, not even if you paid me.).

Give Kroot a chance :'(

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 14:07   #13 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
You hate the Kroot models?! Anything about them in particular? I love them, they're nice and bendy, you can make those legs do all sorts of poses like running or dashing. I don't like the Hound models much, just for the lack of poses, and I'm not fond of the Krootox model just because the mould is Sav'Y'xauk, it never comes out right unless I greenstuff all the gaps. Aside from that, I love the Carnivores, and you can convert them so well to make Shapers for squad leaders (I wouldn't use the Shaper model either, not even if you paid me.).

Give Kroot a chance :'(
Sure, but give them a chance in COVER of a building or so and save for enemy
dreadnought's or other shooting things!
Wait until a unlucky squad passes by an charge 'em, slathering them and then let them retread back in t he cover, MUHAHAHAHAHA>
Old 06 Jan 2008, 15:48   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

Kroot are best used as campers in my opinion. Keep them in a wood near an objective or your firing line, popping shots out. You should only ever charge with Kroot to save a FW or Battlesuit unit, otherwise wait for jump infantry to hope into the wood, take a couple of casualties for miss-landing, run 1" forward, get shot again, and end up getting slaughtered.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 19:06   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El

i just dislike th models, i had a bad experiance when i assembled mine, i like the stats and idea of them (hence me including them in my army) but i don't like the minis, so i went for what i do like
Old 06 Jan 2008, 20:16   #16 (permalink)
Shas'El

Good on you! Whilst I disagree with your opinion on the Kroot: I love them, it's good that you aren't letting yourself be bullied into buying a certain unit, and are making your army unique in the process.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 03:50   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Kroot are basically the best models for their points.

I now take at least 1 unit every time, they are just too useful.

Infiltrate, Bolter str and range gun, good strength, good hth attacks, and they get better cover saves in woods.

I find 1 unit of them indispendable for the small amount of points they cost.
tharasiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 16:39   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

Plus if you are playing on a jungle board they'll have the best cover save on the table as everyone else'll be limited to 5+
Old 10 Jan 2008, 22:05   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah, having the Kroot be as durable as they are in Dow... just isn't gonna happen. I'm not saying they aren't one of my favorite units for their cost, but even in jungle/wood terrain they just aren't that durable.

But that doesn't really matter since I can field a unit of 10 Carnivores and 4 Hounds for under 100 points. Infiltration, 12 Initiative 5 attacks on the assault, another 30 attacks behind those, field craft, and it functions as an almost invaluable distraction/speedbump? Yes, please.

Just don't worry about the durability part. In my last game I faced a Nidzilla player with some hormagaunts/gaunts. He focused on the Kroot on Turn 1 (Escalation was in effect, so infantry only) and basically forced himself into having to place something like 2/3 of his entire army on one end of the board due to synapse ranges. A sub-100 point unit shaped the entire battle in my favor, even though they were fleeing by the end of Turn 2, never to regroup.
Ninja Snarl is offline   Reply With Quote