Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

puretide's 3 pupils???
Old 27 Dec 2007, 15:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default puretide's 3 pupils???

I already knew about farsight and shadowsun, but when i read the book "star of damocles" that i got for christmas there is a mention of "icewind" on pg 205. I have never heard of him or seen his name mentioned anywhere else, and was hoping someone could tell me who he is.

cheers
yosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: puretide's 3 pupils???

he's never been mentioned before. he's probably the red shirt pupil who's just going to die.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Ugh, a third one? They're just adding to the mess they made when they added Shadowsun.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:47   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I thought Brightsword was the third... or was it that he was a follower of Farsight...? I can't remember.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Farsight's pupil, I think.

Quote:
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 19:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Maybe icewind will make an appearance in he next codex! ;D
Old 27 Dec 2007, 23:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Not MORE frickin`pupils of Puretide!

You know, not EVERY famous and successfull Commander in the Empire has to be a student of Puretide (or a student of his students).
Besides from screwing up the timeline with O`Shovah and Shadowsun studying at the same time under Puretides tutelage, I hate those "mysterious teacher" and "struggling-students-who-finally-become-masters-of-a-single-discipline-but-not-of-the-whole-thing" storylines; they have been done to death in nearly every cheap fantasy/sci-fi flick in the last three decades.

What`s wrong about a by-the-textbook, self-taught Commander who rose through the ranks not because he`s a tactical genius, but he can be relied upon - and never ever gives up? None of this "philosophical approach to warfare"-shit, but down-to-earth wisdoms and none of this "talking in riddles"-stuff.

"If he sends one of your lads to the hospital, send ten of his guys to the morgue" - only on a bigger scale.

IŽd love to see one of those Commanders highlighted in the next Dex...
And, of course, Aun`Shi, who was this Commander, basically - only in Etheral form... ;D

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 23:31   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBonesaw
What`s wrong about a by-the-textbook, self-taught Commander who rose through the ranks not because he`s a tactical genius, but he can be relied upon - and never ever gives up? None of this "philosophical approach to warfare"-shit, but down-to-earth wisdoms and none of this "talking in riddles"-stuff.

"If he sends one of your lads to the hospital, send ten of his guys to the morgue" - only on a bigger scale.

IŽd love to see one of those Commanders highlighted in the next Dex...
And, of course, Aun`Shi, who was this Commander, basically - only in Etheral form... ;D

Cheers,
-Bone
Well, that sounds a bit like Farsight in the old 'Dex. Farsight was a tactical genius... but it made no mention of him studying under Puretide, that I can remember anyway. It wasn't until Shadowsun came bumbling onto the scene that they changed the Farsight story like that. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2007, 00:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Out of curiosity, how many of you have read "star of damocles"? Its the first warhammer book i read, and its the second in its series :P
Old 28 Dec 2007, 00:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

From what I can tell, in the original Tau codex there is no mention of Puretide teaching Farsight. So it must have been something added recently.

Quote:
What`s wrong about a by-the-textbook, self-taught Commander who rose through the ranks not because he`s a tactical genius, but he can be relied upon - and never ever gives up? None of this "philosophical approach to warfare"-Shtlk, but down-to-earth wisdoms and none of this "talking in riddles"-stuff.
Sounds kinda like what I wanted to do for my Shas'el...I love that "down-to-earth" wisdom stuff.

Quote: