Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Abandoning N'dras, why?
Old 27 Dec 2007, 13:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Abandoning N'dras, why?

I was just reading the new article on the website about a tau N'dras army. I can't now stop thinking about why the ethereals would about a tau planet, seeing as they are all for the greater good?

Can anyone have any ideas?

thanks

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 15:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Abandoning N'dras, why?

maybe the samething happend to him as o'shavah, he could sway whole tau armies too so he should have alot of followers.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 16:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well you could draw a parallel with the way the Tau boycotted warp research after Medusa V with the way the Tau have boycotted this world....?

Not suggesting that some senior Tau member on the planet went a bit chaotic :.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 17:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Yeah... Might be relatively easy to draw the Chaos connection there, though.

Certainly a possibility with the Ethereals imposing sanctions and quarantine zones on just about anything and everything that has even a shred to do with Chaos.

Medusa V... Perdus Rift... Possibly Arthas Moloch...

Seems if anything happens that has "warp" and "bad" in the same sentence, the Aun cut it off from the rest of the Empire.

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

i was always hoping that it was something a little more devious. I mean, in 40k it's so easy to just say 'chaos did it' or 'there was a rent into warp space' - i like to think it could have been something else, perhaps something classically sci fi, or crap- just something different.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 20:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thats pretty much the main theories...

some could speculate that it had a big ecological disaster.

Some could speculate it had inter breeding castes,,,

Some could speculate that n`dras turned its back on the greater good.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 21:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

necrons...

the c'tan did it.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 21:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

yeah, i think tau wouldnt go for chaos but necrons because there both machiney and you wouldnt get all mutated so people wouldnt run away from you if your not an etheral.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 21:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

well- let's try to think outside of the box.

No Chaos no Necrons- but how about if the Tau of N'dras started developing a new doctrine concerning the Greater Good and how to follow it.

I mean, Tau are encouraged to develop their own methods of doing things- what happens if the Tau of N'dras just developed one that was completely 'wrong' in the eyes of the rest of the Empire.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 22:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
well- let's try to think outside of the box.

No Chaos no Necrons- but how about if the Tau of N'dras started developing a new doctrine concerning the Greater Good and how to follow it.

I mean, Tau are encouraged to develop their own methods of doing things- what happens if the Tau of N'dras just developed one that was completely 'wrong' in the eyes of the rest of the Empire.
But N'dras didn't get 'shut down'. Unless thats the cover story that it didn't. It was a voluntary leaving of the populace as I understand it from memory. Hence we have to be careful about suggesting changes in ideology because they would still have to revert their ideology back to mainstream ideology.

Now normally I'm a bit like Xisor and wish to see ulterior motives in the Tau movement, but in my mind like DB elaborated this does smack of Chaos. As per Firewarroir we can see that the Tau are not immune from Chaos and it this could be one of the few cases in Tau history when a Tau has gone rouge. If the Aun could connect the planet to this act or something found on the planet it may have suggested to them that the planets was a shadow of the Mont'au.

It is of my mind that Chaos is the Tau Mont'au. When they look upon the depravities of Chaos it is the Mont'au incarnate. This is way the Aun try to 'cover it up' so to speak. It doesn't do well for two reasons to let Tau know about Chaos a) because some Tau could be attracted to it, or that they see it as not that bad. b) because it shows a failing of the Tau'va and the fact that even the strewth of unity cannot always overcome these forces.

This I think because of the way how the warp reseach was conducted during Medusa V and the way how the Aun commissioned it, but didn't use it. It sounds much like the European Church of old. Cleansing knowledge learnt because it could pose a threat to the Tau'va, yet at the same time cataloging it in case it may be required.

For all we know the Aun may have vast records of information about events that took place on N'dras, but at the time were unable to decipher the meanings and thus required the knowledge of Medusa V however many century's it was later.

However it must be assumed that the Aun understand a bit about the warp because otherwise they could have commissioned research elsewhere. Hence the condictions brought about by Medusa V must have been key to whatever research took place.

I'm waffling. But in this case I believe evidence points to Chaos. Necrons unlikely, and anything else I think would have to be convoluted to 'fit'. But their you go I'm still open to good ideas.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote