Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Forge World Tau
Old 21 Dec 2007, 21:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Forge World Tau

Can you use forge world models in standard warhammer 40,000 games, or can you only use them in Apocolypse Campaigns? The reason I am unsure is because on the Forge World site, next to every model it says "rules for warhammer 40k here", so that makes me think it can possibly be used in normal games. Anyone know it this is true?
Old 21 Dec 2007, 21:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Forge World Tau

You can use it wiht the opponents agreement...
If i member right :P
SkullzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 22:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to XV88-2 Pilot

Correct if you ask your opponent before hand and he agrees you may use them in most home based hobby shops.

The down fall is they are not allowed in RT Events or Games Day events.
TAU BATTLE RECORD AS OF 3 FEB 08

LOSSES 1
DRAWS 3
SOLID VICTORY 8
CRUSHING VICTORY 4
VICTORIOUS SLAUGHTERS 2

ARMYS PLAYED AGAINST SO FAR,

BLOOD ANGELS - BLACK TEMPLARS - DARK ELDAR - ELDAR - NECRONS - TYRANIDS - DARK ANGELS - ORKS
XV88-2 Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 22:17   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV88-2 Pilot
Correct if you ask your opponent before hand and he agrees you may use them in most home based hobby shops.

The down fall is they are not allowed in RT Events or Games Day events.
Actually, check with your Tourny Organizer BEFORE you go, you very well could use them.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 23:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Depends on the model. The XV88-2 has no special rules; it's just a nicer looking model than the basic broadside. You should be able to use it with no problem. The special suits like the XV81 and XV84 might cause a headache, but the XV89 can be used counting as a regular crisis suit. The flyers adn other items are likely to not be useable.

Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 16:52   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

FW rules do not require opponent's consent anymore than arranging a game does.* So turrets, fliers, special suits, IG tanks, etc are all fair game.* The majority of those objecting to the use of FW rules for gaming have little concept of the forgeworld rules or the handicap the player using forgeworld is imposing on himself by doing so.*

Multiple detachments however require opponents consent and are the requisite for using superheavies, superheavies themselves don't.

Tournament organizers and store owners are free to add or restrict rules as they see fit.* Many store run tournaments and I think even some of the Adepticon tournaments (the largest GW event not run by Games Workshop,) allow Forgeworld rules.* No GW events allow forgeworld rules, and there are some retail stores that won't even allow forgeworld models even if they have codex rules.*

All that said, it does depend on the climate of your gaming community too.* A mature friendly bunch will see that these are rules legal, add some variety to the game, and are horribly underpowered.* However, even they could want to not game with them if the group likes to use their pickup games as preperation for the GW sanctioned tournament circuit.* An immature bunch will simply see them as broken, unfair that your toys look cooler or you can use rules that they can't.*
greenmtvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Forge world is an expansion for 40k.
You have to ask your opponent if your playing the expansion or just normal 40k

Quote:
there are some retail stores that won't even allow forgeworld models even if they have codex rules.
Never heard of that before? If your talking about your local GW then I feel sorry for you they sound like an awful bunch
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Yeah, really...kinda petty if you ask me.

"YOU CAN'T USE THAT XV89 COMMANDER!"
"But he's just a regular XV8 with codex weap-"
"NO CAN'T USE IT NOT FAIR."

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I imagined my local GW store owner saying that, it seemed very suiting. I wouldn't want to take any precious forge world models to GW anyway, it would definetly get broken.

If you want to use forge world models in apocalypse, get imperial armour apocalypse, if you want to play them in 40k get the other imperial armour books depending on what army you play. In Cmdr's case, the Taros campaign
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote