Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My first Tau Unit
Old 21 Dec 2007, 15:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default My first Tau Unit

Ok so last night I went out and my bf got me a the Tau Fire Warriors and Devilfish box set. This is the first time I have tried to do something like this, so I had a few questions for you all.

1. Do you guys paint the inside of your vehicles, i.e. the FYI: Devilfish?

2. Are earth magnets worth purchasing and using to make your models modular, especially Firewarriors/Drones?

3. The Devilfish didn't come with a SMS sprue, where can I get one to turn it into a Warfish?

4. Any preference on how to paint models, and do colors matter?

FYI: I still need to buy paint supplies, but I was thinking of painting them Black (base coat), Silver and Blue.

EDIT: If this post doesn't belong here I am sorry, please move it if that is the case.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 16:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to XV88-2 Pilot
Default Re: My first Tau Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
Ok so last night I went out and my bf got me a the Tau Fire Warriors and Devilfish box set. This is the first time I have tried to do something like this, so I had a few questions for you all.

2. Are earth magnets worth purchasing and using to make your models modular, especially Firewarriors/Drones?

3. The Devilfish didn't come with a SMS sprue, where can I get one to turn it into a Warfish?

FYI: I still need to buy paint supplies, but I was thinking of painting them Black (base coat), Silver and Blue.
1) Really not needed as inside has no effect on playing

2) Rare earth on HH DF and XV8

3) Neal at The Warstore

4) Odd choice but would work

TAU BATTLE RECORD AS OF 3 FEB 08

LOSSES 1
DRAWS 3
SOLID VICTORY 8
CRUSHING VICTORY 4
VICTORIOUS SLAUGHTERS 2

ARMYS PLAYED AGAINST SO FAR,

BLOOD ANGELS - BLACK TEMPLARS - DARK ELDAR - ELDAR - NECRONS - TYRANIDS - DARK ANGELS - ORKS
XV88-2 Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 16:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Damn XV88 got there first xD

1. I personally havn't painted the inside of my one and only Devilfish, but I just couldn't be bothered* :P as I'm more of a convertor than a painter

2.I use magnets on my crisis suits, thats all

3.You need the hammerhead sprue for the SMS, don't glue the gun drones in they just slot in and out, and you can intercharge them once you get a SMS

4.Just go with what colours you like, don't paint it how you think you should
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 20:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That's the colour scheme I use for my Tau army.
Death Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2007, 22:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to RaShan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13

EDIT: If this post doesn't belong here I am sorry, please move it if that is the case.
1.Nah no point don't do it-unless you want to show off.

2.Yes very worth purchasing, your models 95% of the time on something in your Tau army WILL break, weather it be the ankles on the xv8's the little nubs for your devilfish engines,or just to switch them out for weapons.

For a Direct answer on #2- No go with "GreenStuff" it's a model clay that drys with little time and is very shape-able. Cut to how you want put some green stuff,mold it to the clothing/armour piece it should and paint over it.

3. Again buy offline , ebay, warstore etc.

4. Paint them the way you want um it's part of the hobby, but I would'nt go as far as saying mix a red green and blue on a FW and call it done. Try an paint where they contrast eachother.

Oh and remember always have fun!!..FYI :P

Happy Hunting!

Tau {to be named} Victories
Win:5 Lose:4 Tie:2

Consider it a success if you can talk a Khorne Berserker out of taking your skull at the first instant he meets you

(loads plasma rifle) BANG!

Oh look, he understood me. =D -Faolin

I could almost see that.
Like if a few Tau went off and they were found and brainwashed and what not. Then, they are made into Tau Marine things. That would be crazy. "And they shall know no close combat skills"~ Xv15 Stealth
RaShan is offline   Reply With Quote