Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kor'Vesa (tau human auxiliary Hq idea)
Old 15 Dec 2007, 02:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Kor'Vesa (tau human auxiliary Hq idea)

Kor'Vesa

Kor'Vesa or "faithful helper" roughly, is the product of human auxiliaries who have made themselves standout among their bretheran, and in cases have acted as both war time merchants, and diplomats among the eastern borders of the Tau empire.

The Tau consider these Kor'Vesa among the loyalist of integrated humans, and as such, have loosened certain restrictions on war time equipment. In return the Human auxiliaries under the Kor`Vesas fight in the name of Tau interests, so that one day they may achieve greater freedoms under the Tau empire.

Kor`Vesa WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

18pts 3 3 3 3 1 3 2 8 4+

Number per squad:1-5. You may include 1-5 Kor'Vesas as a single Hq choice. Each Kor'Vesa must be allocated to a unit of tau human auxiliaries prior to deployment.

Wargear: Lasgun, carapace armor.

options: A Kor'Vesa may exchange his lagun, for a laspistol, and ccw for free.

He may further upgrade his laspistol, for a pulse pistol for +1 pts

He may replace his lasgun with a pulserifle, or pulse carbine for +2 pts

Special rules:

Special circumstances: Though Human auxiliaries are trusted with few tau equipment caches, some of their representatives have made headway with local water caste merchants and diplomats. In result "goods" previously unavailable have become open on limited trade scales.

Tau human auxiliary units led by a Kor'Vesa may purchase carapace armor at +3 pts per member of the squad.

Traitor:Although the Humans who have joined the Tau empire bear no ill-will towards their former compatriots, the same can not be said of Imperial troops fighting the Auxiliaries. Imperial troops will always hit a Gue`vesa on a roll of 3+ in close combat, regardless of relative Weapon Skill.

They would be the lesser of the Hqs and led by the mandatory Suit commander.

The Kor`Vesa can be close combat, or simply another shooter. (adding a 3rd pulse weapon if you wanted) they are cheap by Hq standards, and offers alternative options to playing variety.

The Kor`Vesa will add another role to the human auxiliaries.

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 02:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Kor'Vesa (tau human auxiliary Hq idea)

Kor'Vesa is Tau for Drones. Sorry.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 02:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You mean... Kor'Gue?
Old 15 Dec 2007, 02:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Each translation I pop up with is drone but literally "faithful helper"

No one need say sorry I meant this name (its catchy to)
Old 15 Dec 2007, 03:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Not half bad! It's an interesting and balanced take of fluffing out Gue'Vesa.

Perhaps allow the whole squad to take Pulse weapons?

Also, you are going to have to change the name as "Kor'Vesa" is taken by Drones, as others have mentioned.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 03:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I stand by the Kor`Vesa

if the drones are "faithful helpers" The tau can make variation on the word, simply by moving posture, attitude, and context in which they speak.

The reference for drone can provide a cultural view of humans, in the eyes of ethereals, or other higher ups. Likewise the alternative variation of "faithful helper" brings about a more uplifting feel to the tau human auxiliary, while also being viewed in a demeaning way if you thought about it.

Trusted, yet not trusted etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Not half bad! It's an interesting and balanced take of fluffing out Gue'Vesa.

Also, you are going to have to change the name as "Kor'Vesa" is taken by Drones, as others have mentioned.
I viewed the giving of pulse weapons to the human auxiliary as a conflict of interest among tau (gamewise, and fluff wise)

Humans were meant to be a middle ground between kroot and firewarriors. Not exceling in one speciliaty then the other, but still providing something the other cannot.

If I had given pulse weapons to the whole squad, they would be firewarriors (in a sense)

and the last thing I wanted was to make these "firewarriors".

What I did however was come up with another variation of the human auxiliary that is more suited for combat, and gives the players that dont like kroot, or just like humans the option to take another counter assault option that can potentially do something. while at the same time leaving the option to the players of playing with basic auxiliaries, who could be suited to markerlight detail, or mass bodies.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 03:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Kor- in Tau means Air
Gue- is Human
Vesa- is Helper

The Tau call Drones 'faithful helpers' because thats what they are in Tau society, but its a nickname, not a direct translation.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 03:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Kor- in Tau means Air
Gue- is Human
Vesa- is Helper

The Tau call Drones 'faithful helpers' because thats what they are in Tau society, but its a nickname, not a direct translation.
how about Gue`la`tols?
or Gue`vesa`tol?
Old 15 Dec 2007, 06:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Wouldn't this make Gue'vesa replace Fire Warriors entirely? Considering they have all the same stats, guns, and marginally better CC skill.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 07:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten

uh..
So you're paying 3x the points of a CA Gue'vesa'la just for 1 extra A and +1 Ld (or +8 points on the Gue'vesa'ui stat line), and the option to pay more to get another pulse weapon (but not the option for emp grenades)?
I'm pretty sure the 4+ save its got will get negated once they're attached to a squad since the majority save is going to be 5+ until there's just that guy and the Gue'ui left... though Ld 8 will probably be falling back by that time... and one guy with pistol&ccw does not really change the nature of a Gue'vesa squad as they're all equipped with rapid fire weapons - you just make it like a basic IG platoon squad...
Sorry, it's a good start for making a Gue'vesa "advisor"-type unit, but as much as I love Gue'vesa - and believe me, I love them more than most mortals can begin to comprehend - the 18 to 90+ points (plus the time required to explain/convince your opponent of the house rules) would probably be better spent on other things... like a second xv-8 commander...
I've got to go with "pass". :'(