Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ordanace Weapons
Old 12 Dec 2007, 01:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Ordanace Weapons

I just realized the Tau don't have any Ordinance weapons... is this a bad thing? IMO we should have something that is classified as an ordinance weapon.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 01:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Re: Ordanace Weapons

Well, not in the sense that most people are used to. I think it would be reasonable to have a 'Heavy' Railgun or something that was Ordinance-type but had no blast effect, but it wouldn't really fit in with our regular army.

Tau generally don't make use of ordinance the same way the Imperial Guard do. They're more precise in their approach to warfare.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 05:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yes, but couldn't you make a seeker missile like weapon that is classified as ordinance that requires a marklight hit to use and has a blast radius. I guess it would be like a rail submunition crossed with a seeker missile, used to take out specific groups/areas.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 05:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
Yes, but couldn't you make a seeker missile like weapon that is classified as ordinance that requires a marklight hit to use and has a blast radius. I guess it would be like a rail submunition crossed with a seeker missile, used to take out specific groups/areas.
God I'd love something like that. How great would that be against horde armies? No LOS needed (save for from the Markerlight of course) BS of 5 to hit, unlimited range... I can see the pile of 'nid corpses now ;D
Old 12 Dec 2007, 13:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil Kemorya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
God I'd love something like that. How great would that be against horde armies? No LOS needed (save for from the Markerlight of course) BS of 5 to hit, unlimited range... I can see the pile of 'nid corpses now ;D
I see the hordes of players screaming cheese...I think the codex is very balanced as of right now. I'd like more options for troops in way of equipment (at the minimum just for a kill team), but it just doesn't really fit the fluff of the Tau.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 16:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

well, i would like to see a bomber, that fits in with the tau war fare style and is kind of like ordanance
Old 12 Dec 2007, 16:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

A tau ordinance weapon... that would be awesome, a little to awesome. It would be kinda cheap. I think that if we had ordinance weapons it would drastically reduced mobility and it would ruin mech armies. But if said weapon was a seeker missile that was fired from a stationary source then that would kick a*s!

The Star Forger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 18:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

A blast seeker missile would be awesome! It could be Str. 6, Ap. 4, but use a small blast template. I can't see that being too overpowered. Besides, if people knew it was coming they'd just spread out their troops.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 19:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to F3AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by macboy_geoff
A blast seeker missile would be awesome! It could be Str. 6, Ap. 4, but use a small blast template. I can't see that being too overpowered. Besides, if people knew it was coming they'd just spread out their troops.
I agree. Alot of the time I think we should have one. Personally, I think it should be like S=D3+0 AP=D3+0
Maybe Im overlooking it, but maybe the charge would act differently in different humidity, etc.
Deathwing: 9-5-3
F3AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 21:21   #10 (permalink)
Tyr
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by macboy_geoff
Would be nasty vs swarms though >
Probably would have to be a frag round similar to missle launchers.

"I have taken great pains not to laugh at the actions of aliens, nor to weep at them or to hate them, but to understand them."- Aun'shi
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote