Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What next?
Old 12 Dec 2007, 00:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition
Default What next?

Hello,

I recently bought the Tau battleforce and was wondering, what should I get next? I usually play 1000,1500, and 2000+ games. If you don't know the battle force comes with a Tau Crisis XV8 Battlesuit, one Devilfish APC, three Tau XV25 Stealth Suits, one Markerlight Drone, six Gun Drones, twelve Tau Fire Warriors, and twelve Kroot Carnivores.

What would be wise to get? Anything I have that isn't all that good?(I've heard from some that Kroot are a total waste)

Thanks!
Requisition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: What next?

i would get a hammerhead or did i miss you typing that one?
darkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 05:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Kroot are not a total waste in my (or many other peoples&#39 opinion. >.<

More importantly though, buy a Hammerhead next. Follow that up by a couple of Crisis suits.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 05:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten

More XV-8 for sure... piranhas would be good... and some sniper drones...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 05:11   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well that maters what playstlye are you trying to achieve; Are you looking more twords Hybrid, Mech, Static, Mobile infantry??
<-Please click!
Blue blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 06:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The battleforce is an excellent start. I would get some more suits, and probably a skyray kit. I don't know why GW doesn't just combine the skyray and hammerhead box into one SKU, but the skyray has all the pieces for a hammerhead in it as well as the skyray. And since both of them start with a devilfish chassis you get the option of another devilfish as well.

You need a commander crisis suit, and I would get 1 or 2 more regular crisis suits to round it out. They're very flexible units, and it's hard to have too many of them. You could also start buying broadsides, but they're obscenely expensive (in money; less so in points). A unit of 3 broadsides with 2 shield drones is without question my favorite heavy support choice, though!
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 13:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition

Wow, lots of different opinions, thanks guys I'll look more at the codex and then look over your suggestions. If anyone has anymore keep them coming!

Also, on a side note, I have a 500 point tournament coming up, where I'll be playing three games. Your randomly paired and pretty much every army is represented. Using what I said I already had above, what should I bring? Thanks!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 16:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

for 500 points, take ur crisis suite as a Shas'el (the secondary commander), take ur fire warriors and stick em in a devalfish - this way you can use "fish of furry tactic" - moving fish APC in front of enemy, dropping off fw BEHIND fish and shooting under it at the enemy. This is good because the enemy has to take a target priority test to shoot back at your fw.

Take your stealth suites so u can lay down fire on enemy troops early in the game without much return fire.

If there are vehicles in enemy army use the gun drones, deep strike behind the target vehicle(s) and shoot all your twin linked carbines into the rear armor. Unless its a land raider or monolith it will most likely die

If u have any extra points spend em on kroot... Even though they stink if you don't have a lot of them they can keep nasty close combat units away from your fire warriors.

I don't have a codes with me, so idk how many points that is. But you can do very well with just the troops you have if you play them right - shoot first do EVERYTHING later ;D

The Star Forger

The Star Forger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 22:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Alright, I'll start crunching some numbers, how should I be equipping everything?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 00:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The Star Forger please refrain from using leet speak of any kind in your posts, it is against forum rules and it gets in the way of discussions.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote