Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Farsight (same initiative as a space marine HQ)
Old 11 Dec 2007, 04:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Farsight (same initiative as a space marine HQ)

Curious, according to the fluff, most tau have low initiative scores due to eye adjustments (their eyesight is technically better then humans, but tau take longer to adjust to new split second situations)

and even the Shas`os manage it only to human standards (by the codex anyways)

so what makes farsight able to react more quickly, if by the tau physiology he should be techinically slower? (granted I know how much experience he has, but is it due soley to his combat training? or is there something else that is driving this beast?)

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten
Default Re: Farsight (same initiative as a space marine HQ)

It's the red paint! ;D
Old 11 Dec 2007, 04:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

...Right....red makes everything fASTERZ WAGHHHH

zoooomz zoooomz

but if farsight is capable of such lengths of initiative....wait.

Perhaps tau are not trained in close combat for a reason....perhaps if anyone ever thought of rebellion, denial of guns would render any resistance useless. Without the guns the tau would pose no hindrance.

The ethereals deny mobility by commanding the air caste, deny the technology from the earth caste, and even control the political standpoints from the water caste.

.....So thats the reason why tau are not trained in combat, its control!

...I see how it is now.

It is time to launch civil war people!
Old 11 Dec 2007, 05:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten

It could also be the suspiciously large and glowy sword thing he carries...

You been watching a lot of re-runs of the x-files lately or something?

All this talk like "The Man" is keepin' our brother Tau down...
Old 11 Dec 2007, 05:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

That's what Farsight wants you to think anyway.

I personally think that Farsight's reflexes have been improved by whatever paranormal device/power has given him immortality.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 05:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
I personally think that Farsight's reflexes have been improved by whatever paranormal device/power has given him immortality.
Seconded. Notice also his BS going down in Tau Empires, perhaps the influence of the Dawnblade slowly taking over him...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 05:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
Seconded. Notice also his BS going down in Tau Empires, perhaps the influence of the Dawnblade slowly taking over him...
agreed, perhaps its the machine that even gives him his targeting ability lately.

anyhoo.

I think the tau ethereals are keeping the brother tau down...but doing it wisely.

Every caste specializes in its product (in unity doing the job)

but if the fire caste ever rebelled, the earth and air castes would deny them movement and resupply.

if the earth ever rebelled, the fire and air would simply put it down.

if the water ever rebelled, fire, air, and earth would easily put it down

if the air ever rebelled, earth, fire, and water would put it down at some point.

Old 11 Dec 2007, 06:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Honestly guys, I think it's just balance. Who would take the only Power Weaponed Character in the Tau army list if he had I3? Without some sort of ability to actually lay the smack down, he'd be a (super) overpriced Shas'O with a plasma rifle, and shield gen. The power weapon would be a bonus on the off chance that he gets stuck in combat, and his list abilities are, in reality, so-so.

For a character who's supposed to be versed in close combat, and supposedly used to hand to hand, he should at least have a decent Initiative if for no other reason then being unique. If Farsight could get smacked big time from some space marine scouts he wouldn't be half as epic as he is now.

As for fluff... well here's one example where rules and fluff don't line up. Say his suit was augmented or something. Who knows... I'm still partial to the idea that he's a good guy...
Old 11 Dec 2007, 06:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Maybe he is just an unusually quick Tau? Some people are just naturally more dexterous than others. Farsight is that one guy who is faster than 999/1000 other people.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 06:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Farsight is simply more trained in the arts of hand-to-hand combat. He didn't like the idea of the Tau always cowering in fear when the enemy drew close, so he up and said "Screw you Ethereals, I'm swinging my sword." And so O'Shovah ventured to the same random oriental mountain and trained next to Batman and Raz'Al Ghul....and the rest is history.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote