Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

<building> Project Tau: Medusa V
Old 05 Dec 2007, 18:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default <building> Project Tau: Medusa V

Hey,
so as i begin to go back to the only work i really love I remember the first &#39;project&#39; i ever worked on: Medusa V.

As many of you remember it was this site that, seriously, took the Tau campaign to the next level and had the most original fluff and community out of any other group that participated.

SO, what i would like to do is dedicate one of my Project Articles on the Medusa V campaign beginning with &#39;New Dawn&#39; which lead to missions like &#39;Se&#39;hen&#39;ka,&#39; &#39;Hammerfall,&#39; &#39;Anvil,&#39; and finally B&#39;elve which saw the massive evacuation of the Citizen&#39;s Army and beleaguered Tau cadres.

If anyone has any of that information anymore- please forward it to me. If you would like your Commander included in the &#39;hall of heroes&#39; you should send me a brief background with three notable battles fought by them during the campaign- synopsis please and what you think is important.

On top of that- any information you think is prevalent as a introduce new topics (the way this will work is i&#39;ll post the mission and then you can post how you were involved or what happened)
Old 05 Dec 2007, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: <building> Project Tau: Medusa V

First Topic-

New Dawn

New Dawn was the initial meeting of Hydra and Edethor Commanders, meeting in a secure location on Raeffelo&#39;s Spine. It was here that the first steps towards a proper Coalition were made and the outlining of the concerted attack on Geryon Base and Airfield 6.

Old 05 Dec 2007, 18:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

if you need help finding some fluff- help me out trying to sift through all of it at http://fallofmedusa.tauonline.org/index.php?board=10.0

~good hunting
Old 06 Dec 2007, 08:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think I still have all the fluff I wrote for Medusa saved on my computer. I will post it all here, as well as my involvement in the campaign, and what my commander did. I must say I really enjoyed that campaign and how much influence those of us, from this site, had on the overall outcome. Great job guys.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 18:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Calmsword, Here is the synopsis I wrote. If you want, I have quite a few more stories I could post here.

The smell of death somehow still permeated the air even as the ash filled snow wiped around the evacuating Tau. Shas’ui Het’tal, who had spent most of the campaign training the Gue’vesa of the Citizens Army of the Wasteland, was now standing beneath one of the data collection towers of Spine Command. Most everything was now dismantled and countless transports were leaving to rendezvous with the Kor’vatta, and head back to Tau space.

He looked over at Commander Scoutfox, who was in a meeting with the final Shas’O that were planet side, as well as a few more via holo-comms that were in the fleet. He recognized some of them; Commander Calmsword, Commander Ghostrike, the Rogue Trader Khanaris, Commander Strongwall, Commander Firestorm, Commander Sirl’ord, Shas’O Len’zabi, Shas’O Taka, Shas’O Range, Shas’O Castris, Shas’O Mal’caor, and many others he did not recognize. Evacuation operations were under way all over the planet, and soon the 181st Cadre would be leaving as well.

It had been a long and hard battle, but in the end the Tau had what they came for and more. The 181st had fought and trained the Citizen Army of the Wasteland, been part of a daring raid against the Hive, mapped and navigated through the expansive mines of Geryon, defended Airfield 6 from Imperial attack, which in the end brought down the Hammer, and most importantly slowed the Imperial advance on the Spine and allowed the Fio scientists to gather the warp data they needed.

Many shas had died in the confrontations with the other species, yet we were leaving this planet with many more Gue’vesa that had rallied to our cause of defending the light. Thousands upon thousands opened their eyes to the way the Imperials treated them, and decided to come to our side and fight as equals against their oppressors. Now they would join our Empire and head back to Dal’yth to be integrated into society. Captain Dexter, the former Lieutenant of the Citizen Army, would be the commanding officer of the Gue’vesa Cadre for the 181st.

The Tau now realized that the universe was much larger and more dangerous than they could have imagined. They tried to make peace with the Ar’cea, or what the humans called Eldar, and they crossed with the skeletal forces of the Mont’ray for the first time. It was now a matter of putting the data together, before the next expansion. The fleet was headed to the Tresh&#39;an&#39;dath Waystation, and from there……..
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2007, 05:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

thanks- this is exactly what i need- sorry for being out of the loop- been traveling for a week with no net.