Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Battlerep] abush at aspin hill, tau vs drop gaurd, 1000
Old 02 Dec 2007, 15:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [Battlerep] abush at aspin hill, tau vs drop gaurd, 1000

At a gamesday i played a drop guard player who was best at his club.(i didn't know this at the time).We played seek and destroy with reserves, deep strike and infiltrate
Enjoy!

Lists ( the lists might be off because this happened over 2 months ago)

1st karian air division tau
HQ1
Shas'o
Plasma riffle
CIB
command and control node
HW multi tracker
HQ2
ethereal

Elite1
3 man stealth team
1 shas'vre upgrade
bonded
Elite2
Crisis team
shas'vre
AFP
flamer
Multi tracker
shas'ui
plasma rifle
missile pod
multi tracker
shas'ui
fusion blaster
burst canon
multi tracker
bonded

troop1
12 firewariors
1 shas'ui upgrade
bonded
troop2
12 firewariors
1 shas'ui upgrade
bonded

Fast attack1
4 path finders
1 shas'ui upgrade
bonded
devilfish
seeker missile

HS1
hammerhead
rail gun
burst canons
multi tracker
target lock

Total 999

Drop guard
doctrines: drop troops,sharp shooters, carppace armour, special weapons squad, close order drills
HQ1
HSO
power weapon
plasma pistol
medic
3 plasma guns
sharp shooters
drop troops
carpace armour

special weapon squad
3 flamers

Troops1
command section
JO
power weapon
plasma pistol
3 flamers
medic
shock squad
metla
shock squad
plasma
troops2
command section
JO
power weapon
plasma pistol
3 flamers
medic
shock squad
plasma
shock squad
plasma

total 1000

Terrain
4*8 winter table with clumps of trees everywhere, a small bunker to in the right of my deployment zone and a medium hill to my left in his deployment zone.

Deployment
my hammer head is to the far fight of my deployment zone, all my suits in the middle, both fire warrior squads, the pathfinder and ethereal near the bunker. for him everything is off the table.

he rolled higher and gave me first turn

Turn 1 tau
everything moves forward

turn 1 guard
nothing

turn 2 tau
movement
hammerhead moves forward about 6 inches. everything moves trys to get to the hammerhead. the pathfinders unload. ethereal joins a group of firewariors.

turn 2 guard
movement
both infantry platoons come in at the forest right behind my hammerhead. special weapons squad comes in fight next to my firewariors.
Shooting
metla squad shoots at my hammer head and stuns it while the rest of the troops sit there doing nothing . the flamer squad kills 3 firewariors from the squad the ethereal is in, they pass morale.

turn 3 tau
movement
ethereal leaves squad to get in range to assult infantry squad. pathfinder devilfish moves to block los of pathfinders.(when his turn began i realized this was dumb) battle suit move to a forest near the infantry to get an coversave and the ability to shoot at them.
shooting
12 man squad fires at special weapon squad and kills all. 9 man squad fires at infantry metla squad and kills 4. all Battle suits fire at the infantry killing a comand squad.
assult
ethereal assaults a squad and dies without doing anything the 9 man squad fails morale and runs off the board

turn 3 guard
movement
The HQ command squad comes in near the 12 man team. all the other squads except the metla squad moves toward the suits.
shooting
metla gun squad destroys the hammerhead. all the command squads kill the crisises, shas'o and stealth suits the rest of the squad wipe out the 12 man squad.

turn 4 tau
shooting
pathfinder shoot but do nothing

turn 4 guard
shooting
everything shoots at pathfinders and they die

overall it was a great game but i was swamp from turn two onwards. The fact that my hammerhead die without shooting once was annoying. one thing i noticed is that i got horrible dice rolls and he got great rolls.
Please comment.

Zanitz

98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature
Inquisitor Zanitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 16:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [Battlerep] abush at aspin hill, tau vs drop gaurd, 1000

Blame it on the dice....

First off, why would you charge with the ethereal? And you didn't have to take morale with that unit, because the ethereal makes them fearless. However, every unit must test after that model dies...
Old 02 Dec 2007, 17:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The reason i charged with the ethereal is that it was my first came with him and i was trying to get as many kills as i could with him. Also i know about the ethereals rules but not everyone plays tau so they wouldn't know.

98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature
Old 02 Dec 2007, 17:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Zanitz
The reason i charged with the ethereal is that it was my first came with him and i was trying to get as many kills as i could with him. Also i know about the ethereals rules but not everyone plays tau so they wouldn't know.
Taking advantage of that is called cheating my dear forumite.

Another reason you may have lost is because, to be quite blunt, your list is pretty bad.

Shas'vre's aren't worth it, unless you ABSOLUTELY need that Special Issue wargear.

A crisis team shouldn't have different weapons. They should all be equipped with the same stuff, and that stuff should have a particular goal in mind, i.e. killing MEQs, hunting light tanks, etc.

Command & Control Node = waste of points IHMO.

Ethereal I also do not much care for, but it isn't all that bad.

Those are my issues with your list. Hope it helps.

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 18:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Wait a minute. was he deep striking or bringing them from reserve regular way?

Because IIRC when you deep strike your can't shoot and assault (I'm sure about the assault bit, but need to double check tonight on the shooting one) and did he roll for scatter? I assume yes, but you don't mention it.

Did you use your pathfinder markelight to increase your chance of hitting?

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 20:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

All of his models deep striked, and by the way models can fire the turn the deep strike but i think they count as moving.

korik i did take a leadership test for every model thats why i lost a 9 man squad. i like the commadn node becasue when i add in some resently bought sniperdrone teams and create a line of fw with my shas'o behind it i can shoot at any target if armys rush me. also i resently am playing a campain with my friend who runs a foot slog ig rush.