Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

5th ed. Changes/inclusions
Old 28 Nov 2007, 15:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 5th ed. Changes/inclusions

Does anyone know if GW plans on expanding on the sub-races that make up the tau army in 5th ed? I would really like to see the Human Helpers included and expansions (more equipment options, like the kroot hunting rifle) on the Vespid and Kroot units.

Also, is there a way to voice your opinion to GW on this kind of stuff?

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 15:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 5th ed. Changes/inclusions

You probably want to talk to Calmsword about this sort of thing. He seems to have the ear of the developers (or at least he claims to :P).

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

5th edition? Theres no way thats a possablility yet, they haven't even updated all the codexes to 4th yet. I think that would be a little rediculous. If I'm wrong please let me know.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:49   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waters
5th edition? Theres no way thats a possablility yet, they haven't even updated all the codexes to 4th yet. I think that would be a little rediculous. If I'm wrong please let me know.
Dark Eldar never got a 4th Edition Codex. Neither did Orks. GW don't bother updating 40K races, they just do the popular ones, or the ones the game designers use to masturbate with (Chaos have had three since the start of 3rd! That's more than Space Marines!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 18:00   #5 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

There is a thread about this in the "Games Workshop News and Rumors" Forum(thats where we should be having this discussion). Word is 5th edition in summer of 2008. Not sure if it is accurate. But I'm with Wargamerabout the codexes.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 21:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't know why but this really upsets me. Thanks for getting back to me, I'll be looking into the rumors board.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 21:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Dark Eldar never got a 4th Edition Codex. Neither did Orks. GW don't bother updating 40K races, they just do the popular ones, or the ones the game designers use to masturbate with (Chaos have had three since the start of 3rd! That's more than Space Marines!).
What? Orks have just gotten one. Dark Eldar are (if you believe the rumours) scheduled for next year, or 2009 at the very least. And they have at least had a Codex update since they first appeared back in 1998, if not a completely new Codex.

I'm also a bit weirded out by the ridiculous number of Chaos Codices. I mean, come on, how hard is it really to get the damn thing right?

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 02:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Wargamer you make me Laugh but your right on that one!

WT

Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 05:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
Does anyone know if GW plans on expanding on the sub-races that make up the tau army in 5th ed?
The last bit of concept artwork for the last codex showed a 4 legged xenos breed that apparently didn't make the cut. So GW definitely have ideas brewing. As for Tau guardsmen, they had the chance to do it before, and they didn't so i don't think it's going to happen unless GW comes up with something more then Tau guardmen.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 06:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

<eye twitch> if I need to duplicate the page style of the tau codex, I will put it in the book. its ok human auxliaries, daddy still loves you :'(

fleshed out human auxiliaries would be awesome (daddy needs some photon grenades, come on baby. )

obviously before kroot however.

But I wonder what would another new xenos bring?

(thinks about it, thinks about it....not excited)

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote