Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ethereal: Honour Guard?
Old 28 Nov 2007, 15:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Ethereal: Honour Guard?

does anyone take honour gaurd? is it worth it? or do you keep him independant or merge him with normal fw.

[size=smaller]Changed the topic title. Try and stay away from using capital letters,
and you should make the title more descriptive with what you're asking. - .mace
[/size]
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
ezekiel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 15:36   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: ETHEREAL

No I don't. After the codex change, where their good bits got nerfed but the bad part stayed the same, I don't find them to be worthwhile. They can be useful is a static army, as BS 4 fire team will compliment it nicely, plus they will become fearless and can soak up fire power.

And welcome to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Well if you had made a search you would have found a few other thread on that topic; but, in short, very few people fields an ethereal anymore and, usually, those that do will also field honour guards and a couple shield drone. In truth, now people tend to field ethereal only for the guards.

Granted he lose is 'Independant character' status but you got an extra fire warrior team which doesn't cost you a Troop slot (in effect: you can field up to 7 troops with the honour Guards) and they have a better BS.

But despite those bonus, a lot of people don,t field the ethereal anymore because he's too risky. If he dies you could lose some or all of your FW.

Personally I would field him only for 2000+ points game.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

In all the games I've ever played, I have never used an Ethereal. Ever.

Not even before they got nerfed. They're really the sort of thing that should never end up on the battlefield anyways.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:17   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

sorry bout the caps
im playing 2000 points soon, and i generally play a static game, so i think i will take the gaurds and sheild drones. thanks
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:18   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Please, oh please, do not type all in caps. Its shouting, and very rude.

Uselessness of an Aun aside, go for it. If you like them enough to use them despite their downsides, then you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel1987
IM PLAYING 2000 POINTS SOON, AND I GENERALLY PLAY A STATIC GAME (BAR VESPIDS AND STEALTH), SO I THINK I WILL TAKE 12 HONOUR GUARDS AND SHEILD DRONES. THANKS sorry bout the caps
You edited your post with an apology, which means you know how to edit your post, which means you have no excuse for not fixing it... :huh:

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:47   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i dunno mate
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:59   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

as in my friend knows how but i dont, please enlighten me ???
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

its the little arrow button at bottom of your posts.. hover over it and it'll say edit

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote