Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fighting a Khorne Chaos army
Old 28 Nov 2007, 06:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Fighting a Khorne Chaos army

Im just getting into warhammer and the primary person I am going to be playing against is playing as Khorne chaos. From what I can tell he is going very melee heavy, but still using Obliterators and Terminators (prolly termie heavy actually). What do you suggest when fighting these guys? Also, I would like to know if there is any way to possible prepare my army for Terminator deep strikes. Thanks!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:20   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Fighting a Khorne Chaos army

generally, anything with power armour or above (i.e terminators) i would take as many crisis' that are available and arm them all with twin linked pulse rifels. s7 ap2 means dead termies, take loads of fire warriors in their max sqaud number and a couple of broad sides (just because they have the best gun in the game). but i suppose it all depends on the points your playing.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
ezekiel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:21   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i dont play kroot, but take some to hold up when they deepstike.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
ezekiel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:26   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCmdrTyler
Im just getting into warhammer and the primary person I am going to be playing against is playing as Khorne chaos. From what I can tell he is going very melee heavy, but still using Obliterators and Terminators (prolly termie heavy actually). What do you suggest when fighting these guys? Also, I would like to know if there is any way to possible prepare my army for Terminator deep strikes. Thanks!
Heya. Im new to tau, but I'll throw in my 2p anyways.

Crisis suits - with plasma rifles and missile pods. With multi trakers.

Able to destroy any transport that the khorne marines come in, and then punish them when they do.

And mount your fire warriors in a 'fish - they can't destroy you in assault if they can't catch you! Just use the extraordinary range of the rifles to you advantage, and when they get too close, mount up and fly away.

And see if you can get a broadside or two. Arm them with ASS and have a fight with the oblitorators.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

I agree with the ezekiel1987, crisis suit with twin-link plasma rifle and targetting array (for the +1BS) are good (although they are Str6 ap 2 not 7) because you can get them quite far away and the JSJ tactic will be required. Helios (plasma rifle and fusion blaster + multitracker) can also be a good option either for Deepstriking or if they get too close.

Kroots with hound as well as some gun drones could be very useful too to block their assault. But go for as big a squad as you can to hold them there for a bit longer.

Broadside for shooting down the vehicule at very long range and with the AP1 it will all be penetrating blow unless they are 'holed down'

Sniper drone (at least 6 if not 9) could also be very useful. the rail rifle is pretty good and the stealth field makes sure they are hard to hit.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 19:21   #6 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

It is said that Ion canons on hammerheads is very good against power armor. That is if you don't need the railguns.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 19:45   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Let's take a step back and look at what he can possibly bring. He is not going to have a lot of models on the board and at the most he will have maybe 3 units(elite slots) deep striking. Those terminators will eat up a lot of points in his army list. Each squad can only shoot 1 of your units so that means you can get away with bringing 2 full squads of fw, 2 6-man squads and 2 min squads of kroot. All this is under 500 points and forces him to choose carefully what he shoots at. Take sniper drones, ion heads and crisis suits with twin-linked plasma and targetting arrays. If you choose to you can even throw in broadsides but the problem is that they would be a target. (Especially if I was deep striking). Potentially you will have at least 12 units on the board. Make sure all units are around 6 to 8 inches away from at least 1 other unit and then concentrate all firepower on any unit that deep strikes after they finish shooting their 1 target unit. Hope this helps
robidark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 20:41   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Perhaps just the one Ion head, and a broadside team with shield drones and plasma to deal with the deepstrikers, guard them with a kroot squad. other than that, Helios is one of my favorite configurations, depending on points, taking 2 monat teams you can hardwire a multi tracker to them and take a targeting array to increase accuracy. or even just make you commander helios, and he likely wont need the BS boost from the targeting array.

I Lost.
C4nnonfodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2007, 22:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thank you everyone for your advice. One thing I am going to try is positioning my units so they are never to far apart. Because according to the deep strike rule, if he deep strikes, rolls scatter dice and lands on or to close to my guys, all of that deep striking unit's models die. Also, I will be trying to keep my units close to table edge because if he rolls and they are off table they also die.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 22:14   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Im not 100%, but if Chaos Termies teleport like Marine termies, than they dont scatter.

I Lost.
C4nnonfodder is offline   Reply With Quote