Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How best to acquire more weapons
Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default How best to acquire more weapons

I have three crisis suits. Each suit comes with one of each weapon. More often than not, I will TL whichever weapon I choose. Also, I like to field my crisis suits in units of three with all the same weapons. What I would like is two of each weapon for each suit.

I have listed my options below. Tell me if you have found a better way, and which way is most economical for you.

1. Call GW and buy the bits individually.
2. Swap with other local Tau players (not really an option since the one other Tau player uses his weapons)
3. Buy three more suits and never equip both units of three suits with the same weapons.

I have magnetized all the weapons I have, so it is very easy for me to swap configurations.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: How best to acquire more weapons

I gave my suits TL weapons and swapped bits from each box giving each a different TL weapon
Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:42   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Tommyboy

Equip your hammerheads/skyrays with burst cannons, use smart missile system halves as missile pods. Get fusion blasters/burst cannons from left over stealth bits.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:49   #4 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

Go to thewarstore.com, click on "BW Bits" They sell individual bits trimed off the sprue. Their prices are actually preaty good, for many things, especially if you are outside the US (because the US dollar is low right now) I bought my extra weapons from Battlewagon Bits before the war store bought them out. I have not personally dealt with the war store, but will probly order some things from them in the spring.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I have a ridiculous amount of crisis weaponry bits. If you've got stuff to trade, let me know.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 19:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Option 4. Buy Broadsides, as they don't need their plastic weapons.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 20:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Honestly? buy more crisis. why stop at 3. Get 6 then you can field the rappid insertion force.

Kelsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 20:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The problem I'm at is that I have 9 crisis suits and I'd like 6 TL PG suits. My solution: save up and buy 3 Broadsides that I want anyway.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 21:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ca'rees
The problem I'm at is that I have 9 crisis suits and I'd like 6 TL PG suits. My solution: save up and buy 3 Broadsides that I want anyway.
If you get the gw broadsides then you will get the sprus you want.

However Forge worlds broadsides look so much better, but im not sure they give you any of the other crisis weapons.

Another option ive read about is to look at the forge world command suits varients. Each has good options and distinct look, as well as the old crisis sprus.
I my self havent confirmed this fact. It was posted on this site with in the last month, Hopfully some one will come forward to verify.
One last option is to look at the X42 varient for the pirhana. ( also a fw model)
Ive reciently put this one in service. It has 2 sprues of the front barrels of Plasma rifle, Rail rifle, Missle pod, and Long barrel fusion blaster. and 2 universal weapon mounts.
I reciently took the rail rifle barrels and did a mod for shadowsun. In the process I examined using the barrels in combination with the flamerbody. chop and pin.
The combos do work but some green stuff will be required.

Kelsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2007, 22:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You could always scratch build...