Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Short range/CC Crisis suits
Old 26 Nov 2007, 20:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Short range/CC Crisis suits

If an average infantry unit (if there is such a thing as 'average' in 40K...) is getting close to your suits, jetpacking away could be the smartest thing to do. But what if the suits want to be heros and stand up to them, would it be worth giving one of the suits some short-range weapons such as a Fusion Blaster+Flamer/Bust Cannon or can the suits survive buy assulting with their epic pistol-whips?
Old 26 Nov 2007, 20:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Short range/CC Crisis suits

I'd say it depends on who you're fighting. If its a guardsman or something similar then I'd say a burst cannon shot and a charge should be able to give you the win. Of coarse the amount of burstcannon shots a couple of suits can pump out would probably take down the squad anyway. As a general rule I play by, I only charge if the unit is already pretty week and has no power weapons and nothing thats above a GEQ.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 21:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'll occasionally run a suit with a pair of twin-linked flamers and a blacksun filter. At only 34 points, its death means little. It's good for burning light troops out of cover, or assaulting and tying up an enemy unit. It also attracts far more firepower than it deserves because people see crisis suit and assume that it's carrying really nasty firepower. I had a Necron player empty a full squad of Destroyers into one instead of my kroot who were running alongside it in the open.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 21:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

well, i think is a good idea when the ethereal dies, as the ws doesn't matter. I tried this once against an ork player. Farsight and 7 crisis suits bodyguard deepstriked. they all had burst cannons and flamers. many orks died ;D

crisis suits can be made to fit the role, its just their bad ws and I. I get round this by sacrificing the ethereal, or taking advantage of special rules

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2007, 21:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyboy5
well, i think is a good idea when the ethereal dies, as the ws doesn't matter. I tried this once against an ork player. Farsight and 7 crisis suits bodyguard deepstriked. they all had burst cannons and flamers. many orks died ;D

crisis suits can be made to fit the role, its just their bad ws and I. I get round this by sacrificing the ethereal, or taking advantage of special rules
Ah, but I like to have a Crisis suit as my HQ instead of an Etherial.

And why take an Ethereal onto the table anyway? Does any other 40K army have a commander that is more of a politiician than a figher? Maybe I should quit my whineing and collect Orks :
Old 27 Nov 2007, 07:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Toughness 3 infantry without power weapons do not stand up will to Crisis suits well, unless there's a LOT of them. I often charge leftover Swooping Hawks or Dire Avengers when plaing against my friend's Eldar, and I usually win instantly. I've even beaten a leftover harliquin before. However, charging T4 S4 things is a different story all together...
Old 27 Nov 2007, 11:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyboy5

As far as i know, you can' take an Ethereal with Farsight! So that isn't a viable tactic

"Yes indeed Giles"
Trick3003 is offline   Reply With Quote