Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

XV-81
Closed Thread
Old 28 Mar 2005, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Jonathan
Default XV-81

I bought the new battlesuit the XV-81 ( the one with the smart missile system) and do not know how to arm it, I was going to fire-kife it (with the multi-tracker Hard wired) as the SMS seems to take up one hard point, But as it is a heavy weapon has the battle suit got new rules that alow the XV-81 to move and fire the SMS, I ws also thinking of having the SMS and TL plasma and a HW multi-tracker, but as this guy is going to be a 'el it seems stupid and a waste giving him a TL weapon
Old 28 Mar 2005, 17:46   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: XV-81

yeah, i have seen the pics for the xv81,84etc on forge world, but don't you need the rules from IMPERIAL ARMOUR:Taros campaign? i've been waiting for the rules so that i know which new type suits my ideas best.
they each have something special, i just want to know what it is, so i can choose which one to buy.

also- do you know when taros campaign book comes out?
Old 28 Mar 2005, 18:35   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

The campaign book is supposed to come out in late spring or summer of this year.* I recommend using one of the modular approaches: either magnets or pins.* What I did was:*
1.* Carefully deepen the existing socket in each arm with a pin vise.
2.* Very carefully remove the plug from each weapon and drill a socket where it was, making sure that the hole is perfectly parallel and in the exact center of the weapon.
3.* Insert a ~7/16" length of 14" gauge copper wire into the hole in each weapon, with a dab of glue on the end.
* * (looks like this for the plasma rifle)* * * * * * * * * * -----[:::::::::/
4.* Leave to dry, and do not glue the exposed wire.
5.* The weapons with pins now fit perfectly into the holes in the arms, and because the pin is fairly long and tight in the socket, they don't fall out.* They are, however, very easy to remove and switch, giving you the complete range of armaments for your battlesuit.
Old 28 Mar 2005, 19:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
The campaign book is supposed to come out in late spring or summer of this year.* I recommend using one of the modular approaches: either magnets or pins.* What I did was:*
1.* Carefully deepen the existing socket in each arm with a pin vise.
2.* Very carefully remove the plug from each weapon and drill a socket where it was, making sure that the hole is perfectly parallel and in the exact center of the weapon.
3.* Insert a ~7/16" length of 14" gauge copper wire into the hole in each weapon, with a dab of glue on the end.
* * (looks like this for the plasma rifle)* * * * * * * * * * -----[:::::::::/
4.* Leave to dry, and do not glue the exposed wire.
5.* The weapons with pins now fit perfectly into the holes in the arms, and because the pin is fairly long and tight in the socket, they don't fall out.* They are, however, very easy to remove and switch, giving you the complete range of armaments for your battlesuit.
GREAT ADVICE! Im goingto do that! I dont know why I didnt think of that.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 04:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

hum... It would be quite strange if Forgeworld left it so the XV-81 is armed with a heavy weapon, but thier could be new speacial rules for the suit itself. But if all else fails, you could convert it into a very intristing Broadside. ;D
Old 29 Mar 2005, 04:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
hum... It would be quite strange if Forgeworld left it so the XV-81 is armed with a heavy weapon, but thier could be new speacial rules for the suit itself.* But if all else fails, you could convert it into a very intristing Broadside.* ;D
only if you pinned the guns to the arms...and that would be a bit over kill :-\

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Closed Thread