Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fluff Help....
Old 20 Nov 2007, 12:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Fluff Help....

I'm not a brilliant story teller or writer, So I really need some help with my tau armies fluff. Basically My tau come from a complete water/beach world (Paradise right? ;P). I can't think of a name for the world, what sept it would be in, name for my commanders. I'd like the names to have a water based name obviously. Any ideas?

Also my colour scheme is lke this:
(note: all the models are still a work in progress)

http://www.myspace.com/everyoceanstide

Wayward_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2007, 12:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: Fluff Help....

Well, "Por" is Tau for water (as in the water caste) so whatever you name the planet should start with that. If you wanted something slightly cheesy you could go with Por'O'dise.

On the other hand, it might be worth looking into some Polynesian names, as those are suitably alien sounding to most western ears and go with with the general idea of a water/island planet. Something like Por'mahu'alu might work a little better.Looking up various Polynesian words and Tau-isizing them would work well for character names, especially if you looked up words for things like "chieftain" and "warrior".

BTW, those are some nice looking Tau! I like the color scheme and the firewarrior in particular is very well painted.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2007, 13:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiznti
Well, "Por" is Tau for water (as in the water caste) so whatever you name the planet should start with that. If you wanted something slightly cheesy you could go with Por'O'dise.

On the other hand, it might be worth looking into some Polynesian names, as those are suitably alien sounding to most western ears and go with with the general idea of a water/island planet. Something like Por'mahu'alu might work a little better.Looking up various Polynesian words and Tau-isizing them would work well for character names, especially if you looked up words for things like "chieftain" and "warrior".

BTW, those are some nice looking Tau! I like the color scheme and the firewarrior in particular is very well painted.
Haha!, Por'o'dise :P. I'll look up Hawaiian words and try to make them Tauish.

Thanks about the Painting, i still have to highlight them properly tho...

Old 20 Nov 2007, 18:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

As for a sept I would go for Au'taal as that is meant to be paradise or something like it. For a commanders name how about Shas'O Por'Ka (commander water strike) or Shas'O Ores'Por (commander powerful water). Thats off the top my head. I would suggest looking at Genmottys Tau xenologicon or whatever its called as that has every Tau word we know and more, if you've got the patience you should find something in there.
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2007, 22:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name
As for a sept I would go for Au'taal as that is meant to be paradise or something like it. For a commanders name how about Shas'O Por'Ka (commander water strike) or Shas'O Ores'Por (commander powerful water). Thats off the top my head. I would suggest looking at Genmottys Tau xenologicon or whatever its called as that has every Tau word we know and more, if you've got the patience you should find something in there.
Thanks! I'll definately take this sept name thats good. As for my commanders, we'll see. I quite like Commander Frostwind... but i'm not sure what that would be in tau. I'll look it up in the Xenologicon you said.

Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Isn't Au'taal an existing Tau forest world or something?
Old 27 Nov 2007, 18:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas vre Tau kais
Isn't Au'taal an existing Tau forest world or something?
It is a spet (which I think is like a systems rather than a single planet) and it is renowned for being 'verdant' not neccessarily forested.
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote