Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vehicle wargear? HELP!
Old 15 Nov 2007, 17:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Niatica
Default Vehicle wargear? HELP!

I'm really confused about vehicle wargear. Like what is what on the sprue, witch wargear is actually on the sprue, what do I need to convert myself, please help! (with pictures please)
Old 15 Nov 2007, 18:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to XV88-2 Pilot
Default Re: Vehicle wargear? HELP!

Hello, Depending on which kit you have

1) Devilfish, Sensor Spines, Comm Antenna

2) XV8, Multi Tracker - Shield Generator - Target Lock

3) XV25, Target Lock - Drone Controller

See page 53 in the Codex for pictures
TAU BATTLE RECORD AS OF 3 FEB 08

LOSSES 1
DRAWS 3
SOLID VICTORY 8
CRUSHING VICTORY 4
VICTORIOUS SLAUGHTERS 2

ARMYS PLAYED AGAINST SO FAR,

BLOOD ANGELS - BLACK TEMPLARS - DARK ELDAR - ELDAR - NECRONS - TYRANIDS - DARK ANGELS - ORKS
XV88-2 Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2007, 19:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to XV88-2 Pilot

Thought I'd get it to you faster just listing them from the codex, As far as making something to represent something, just stay consitant as far as they go on your model.

I use the cylinder from the Stealth suit generator bit to portray the Multi tracker on all my vehicles and XV8's (its a little smaller and less intrusive on them) think of it as a small Doppler radar, I also use the small Drone controller on the XV8's less the antenna sticking from it, again smaller.

Just remember to stay consistent through out your army as this will lead to less confusion for your opponent to remember which model is equipped with out as far as your war gear goes.
TAU BATTLE RECORD AS OF 3 FEB 08

LOSSES 1
DRAWS 3
SOLID VICTORY 8
CRUSHING VICTORY 4
VICTORIOUS SLAUGHTERS 2

ARMYS PLAYED AGAINST SO FAR,

BLOOD ANGELS - BLACK TEMPLARS - DARK ELDAR - ELDAR - NECRONS - TYRANIDS - DARK ANGELS - ORKS
XV88-2 Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2007, 19:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti

The only pieces of vehicle wargear on the sprue are the targeting array, the sensor spines, and the seeker missile. Everything else is a conversion opportunity.
As requested, here's some photographs

Targeting array on hammerhead sprue

The sensor spines are the bit with three antennas- see pg 57 of the codex. The other antenna can be used to represent whatever you want.

Here's a few ideas for some upgrade conversions:
Multi-tracker: clip off the middle antenna of the sensor spine, or use the long antenna from the same sprue
Target lock: The XV-8 target lock, positioned somewhere on the primary weapon.
Flechette dischager: grenade canisters on the underside of the forward wing
Disruption pod: Drone antennas on the engines
Decoy Launcher: stick a grenade cannister from the firewarrior sprues on each engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV88-2 Pilot
Just remember to stay consistent through out your army as this will lead to less confusion for your opponent to remember which model is equipped with out as far as your war gear goes.
Seconded. Whatever you do, remain consistent. Not only is it nicer to your opponents, it will also help your army to look like a single unit.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2007, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Also, the Piranha doesn't come with any wargear to speak of, though it comes with a Fusion Blaster and Burst Cannon, either of which to be used for the under the nose weapon. Also of note (if you're anal like me) is that the gun drones that come with the Piranha are NOT the standard Gun Drones and the pattern on the top is actually reversed - the two little notches and the one big one are on the opposite side from the gun drones that come on their own little sprue. This is actually kind of nice when used in conjunction with a standard drone on a vehicle as it creates a nice symmetry.

Also worth noting is that on the hammerhead sprue are an Ion Cannon, Railgun, the Targeting Array for the nose, the turret for the main gun and post for mounting it, all the parts needed to make the Smart Missile System, and one Burst Cannon. In order to mount two Burst Cannons in place of the SMS on the Hammerhead you have to use the Burst Cannon from the Devilfish sprue. Not a big deal, but once again if you're anal like me you'll notice that the fronts of those Burst Cannons are different - the Hammerhead one has a strait division down the middle whereas the Devilfish one has a little tab kinda thing that interlocks with the other half. Minor things worth noting
Old 17 Nov 2007, 00:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiznti
Decoy Launcher: stick a grenade cannister from the firewarrior sprues on each engine.
I use the shield generator from the XV-8 sprue for the Decoy Launchers and the Disruption pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 17:17   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Niatica

Thanks everyone, I mean the Hammerhead and the Skyray.