Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Seeker missiles.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 16:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Seeker missiles.

Where do you normally attach seeker missiles? Any good articles for magnetising them?
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2007, 16:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Seeker missiles.

Well, magnetising Seekers would most probably be one of the easiest things... you just need two small magnets and decide in the spot you want the Seekers to go.

I`d suggest round Magnets, so you can drill the holes into the tank with the right tool, and then just insert the magnet.

As for placement: For tanks usually under the front "wings", so that the tip of the missile is visible under the vehicle.

Cheers,
Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2007, 17:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'd put it by the landing gear. It'd be there but I don't want my opponent to know they're there until I need them. They'll be included in the point cost, but it'd be a surprise.

And then when I don't have seeker missiles, they wouldn't know but they'd be suspicious which can be just has good. Messes with their mind.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2007, 17:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va'Ukos
I'd put it by the landing gear. It'd be there but I don't want my opponent to know they're there until I need them. They'll be included in the point cost, but it'd be a surprise.

And then when I don't have seeker missiles, they wouldn't know but they'd be suspicious which can be just has good. Messes with their mind.
Which would make WYSIWYG absurd.

All equipment - ESPECIALLY weapons - should be SHOWN on the models; hiding it under the tank is won`t score you high sportsmanship scores.

I`d prefer vehicles which have no Seeker shown, but my opponent would clearly say that one is attached at the beginning of the game, than vehicles where the Seekers are hidden away under the tank, and I have no way of knowing.

What you`re doing is literal adherence to a rule without fulfilling it`s intention - aka powergaming and/or cheating.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2007, 17:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Bah, I look at it as in, war's dirty, and I'd be sure to show it to them ahead of time, but it messes with the beauty of tank to have these missiles sticking out.
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 03:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
war's dirty
And this is a game, not war, to be played by people who are intent on having fun, not cheating each other. If you don't like the look of it, that's one thing, but you've already showed your intent that you want to deliberately pull a dirty trick on your opponent.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
Quote:
war's dirty
And this is a game, not war, to be played by people who are intent on having fun, not cheating each other. If you don't like the look of it, that's one thing, but you've already showed your intent that you want to deliberately pull a dirty trick on your opponent.
Well, considering I only play against my best friend, I see no reason why not.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 04:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Meh. Lets get back on topic here guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ca'rees
Where do you normally attach seeker missiles? Any good articles for magnetising them?
There's this thread: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=12487.0

With this image in particular:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'El Tael
http://www.eastern-empire.com/forums/to/d1.jpg
- You can put magnets or even a magnetic strip, like part of a paper clip or nut in the seeker missile, and use that to attach it to those positions.

I can't find my magnets though, so whenever I take seeker missiles, I just slot the 'fin' that's on top of the seeker missile into the grills at the front or back of the tank 'wings'.