Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

If you had to choose one ally for your army. Who would you fight with?
Old 06 Nov 2007, 03:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default If you had to choose one ally for your army. Who would you fight with?

If you had to choose one ally army to fight with you in 40k or in appocolyps level brawls.

On my tables I have a large Tau army of about 3000 pts of ungeared units.
3800+ if you add in all wargear and a few seeker missles.

Im at a crossroads, I like to add Imp guards or Eldar warhosts.
Both armies offer interesting possiblities to a Tau ground army.
I like the armoured fists from Imp guard with a large infantry support. Hunter cadres bring on strong high mobile firepower to where its needed while Imps shell and fortify or advance to take and hold ground.

Eldar offer enhancenets to the Taus mobile punch with depending on the type of Eldar, exellent ground melee that can win in a fist fight and still offer the speed and mobility that surpases the young ones.
Shinning spears army working the same side of the board as piranha team with a hammerhead or 3.

The unit combos are fantastic.
Kelsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2007, 04:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: If you had to choose one ally for your army. Who would you fight with?

I've been itching to build a Kroot Merc. army, and now I have a reason, just have to finish my Tau first :-[. Truth be told though, I'll probably build my Eldar army before I start any Kroot Merc. projects (started 40k with Eldar ). And it's not that unfluffy to see the two working on the same side.
Old 06 Nov 2007, 04:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Re: If you had to choose one ally for your army. Who would you fight with?

I'd go with Eldar. We have excellent long-ranged weaponry, and they have excellent short-ranged/melee capabilities, and both are mobile. Tau carries the anti-tank/anti-heavy Infantry, and the Eldar carry the anti-horde fire power.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2007, 04:52   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I was thinking of eldar as well, their speed jives well with us Tau players. A static tau army with a lot of pinning to keep the heat on until the harlies/banshees/scorpions close in. Combining Fish of Fury attacks with a close combat squad hopping out of a wave serpent the turn before (or some shining spears). Or just be super cheesy and go purist Mech Tau with straight Mech Eldar. 2 Fire Prisms, 1 Falcon, and 3 Hammerheads, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy >.
Old 06 Nov 2007, 10:17   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Imperial Guard for sure, let the Tau shoot everything, while the Guard run in and take objectives.

Also, for fluff reasons, my army will be 50/50 Tau, Imperial Guard.
Zanzibar UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2007, 10:50   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i would use imperial guard because you can use them as meatshields while your longer range tau deal out damage, plus imperial vehicles are no joke... get a few basilisks as support and a load of guardsmen...
Vincent Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2007, 11:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Well I would personally say go for Imperial Guard, but I'm seriously biais towards the Gue'vesa. but IG gives you a greater 'masse' in your army so more target to shoot at instead of your Tau, and they are slightly better in close combat expecially if you add a flamer or two in with your troops. Also, despite the fact I'm not using them, Basilisk can be really useful to thin down your opponent.

On the other hand I did play a cooperative match with an Eldar ally (ok they were a Dark Eldars Wyche cult with raiders, a squad of warrior with Dark lances and a couple ravagers) and my tau against 2 Space marines chapters. We complemented each other quite well. My Shas'la sat pretty and shot, my pathfinder 'fish allowed for my stealthsuit to deep strike perfectly behind enemy line, my broadside took care of the vehicule, and the Dark eldar did their thing doing some hit and runs against the enemy.

We lost but it was a great game nonetheless.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2007, 14:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

i dunno i find this a hard one i like both eldar and guard,guard cause of the awesome vehicles like baneblades and such and eldar for there hand too hand combat units and fire prisms:P
Old 06 Nov 2007, 15:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

i'd probably go with eldar too, both armies put together would be pretty fast on the table, and most eldar anren't that bad at assault either and shooting wise there pretty good too

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2007, 15:23   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would go with Imperial Guard, mostly for aesthetic reasons. I really like the way the two armies look together, especially with the standard T'au and Cadian color schemes.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote