Default Owned Tyranids!

Okay 500 points.

Me:Tau
1 Hammerhead
-railgun
-disruption pod
-smart missile system
-multi-tracker
-another targetting array (total of 5 BS)
12 Firewarriors
-nothing special

Him:Tyranids
3 Nid warriors
16 Gaunts I think maybe more
2 Ravenours
(no idea what upgrades)

Basically I lost no one, firewarriors never even got rounds off, his warriors and ravenours died before he got into my FW's 30" range. he forfeit. I lauged for a long time and he got mad.
moomeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 04:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: Owned Tyranids!

You do realize that you didn't field a legal list, right? If you were playing combat patrol you shouldn't have a hammerhead (too much armor) and if you were playing a normal game you would need another troops choice and the 1+ HQ crisis suit.

Plus, you can only take at most 1 of each upgrade per vehicle. Since the hammerhead already has a targeting array, you can't buy another one. Upgrades just don't work like that.

I also don't see how you list is 500 points- it looks more like 300ish to me.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 04:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Oh my friend said you can stack the targetting array. For some reason, we dont play combat patrol and we dont play with army list requirements, for example: we dont do the (need 2 troops choice thing). Finally I think it was around 300
points ^-^. But I do think we need to start playing with some rules they were made to make the game fair.
moomeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 05:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Oh my friend said you can stack the targetting array.
Said friend apparently doesn't know how to read ::P. Check the vehicle armoury again, I know it can be hard to find but it's listed in there that you can only take one of each upgrade (other than Seekers).

Quote:
For some reason, we dont play combat patrol and we dont play with army list requirements, for example: we dont do the (need 2 troops choice thing). Finally I think it was around 300
points ^-^. But I do think we need to start playing with some rules they were made to make the game fair.
Points costs and Force Organization exist for a reason - 40k, especially in very small games like this, completely falls apart without balanced forces. I encourage you and your friend to play 'real' games, it's much more fun for both players.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 05:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

I don't see anything wrong, he has 2 units of 6 fire warriors, making 12 total.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 05:27   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I personally find lopsided victories like that to be a bit boring. Just a couple days ago I played a small game against Eldar and killed everything without losing a single model. It was really not that fun for either of us.

I think if you are going to do low point games, you need to do combat patrol, otherwise it will usually end up with one side just creaming the other.
Angelust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 06:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to fat_tree

so basically your hammer head did all the damage?
fat_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 07:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

I guess, congrats on the win, but I mean when you're playing with so little points, AND your list is heavily imbalanced not to mention illegal going by standard FoC, there's pretty much no way you could have lost if you kept your Hammerhead alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfagar
I don't see anything wrong, he has 2 units of 6 fire warriors, making 12 total.
Even then, there's no HQ choice.
Old 05 Nov 2007, 07:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I agree with everyone else; you should play CP.

Don`t get me wrong, but your victory means nothing. Looking at your friends "list", I doubt he was packing the stuff he`d need to bust open a Hammerhead, and with the illegal upgrades, he was even more deadly then usual.

BTW: Don`t ever listen to people that you can "do" something with your troops if said people haven`t read your Codex. Never ever. It is your list, you should be the expert, and when in doubt - READ THE CODEX. Besides, I`d suggest you check on his list, too - you can`t stack upgrades in the Nid Dex, as well (i.e. not more than one Strength-upgrade possible, for example).

I suggest you play Combat Patrol. All you need is one Troops, which you already have. Add a couple of Crisis and Stealths, maybe a Piranha, and you`re ready to roll.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2007, 07:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Me personally there is no point in such a small battle. So hard to flank lure, and use bullet catchers i don't see the point get at least 600. Then its ok, Congratulations though.
That Phyco Guy is offline   Reply With Quote